Issues with Gigablast and the HORRENDOUS "support" I have received from Cox.
I upgraded to GigaBlast on September 27th. What I have experienced since that time is nothing less than consumer neglect. It's absolutely absurd what I have to go through to get the service I'm paying for.
Series of events:
27 Sep. 2018-Upgrade to Gigablast. Monitor speeds over the next week with no significant change from the Ultimate 300MB speeds.
Since this time, I have had multiple engagements with the social media department, and cox online support. I have described my issues so many times I hear it in my sleep. I'm passed from technician to technician that wants me to start over my troubleshooting, and then assigns a new field technician to come check the equipment at my house. (Each time I'm promised a "Senior Field Technician" as a response to an ongoing issue wants such.
Field technician shows up at my house, doesn't know anything about GigaBlast, and calls their supervisor who tells them to open a maintenance ticket.
Three days go by, I reach out to FaceBook again. I'm told the ticket was resolved because the maintenance team said everything looks good and closed the ticket. But I still have terrible internet.
I get on the line with Arris (Manufacturer of Modem) and they open a ticket, identifying the signal COMING from Cox cable is not configuration correctly. I perform a full factory reset on my modem, and the in house wireless router.
So I communicate this with a tier 2 technician who identifies a misconfiguration on the part of Cox Cable, and dispatches a field technician.
The Field technician reschedules multiple times before showing up LATE on a day that I stressed needed to be gone by 6pm at night. He came another day, and replaced the modem in my house with one that he, and the online technician PROMISED me would fix my issue, and prove that my equipment is the cause of the problem. It didn't. All his signals were great, but the new PROMISED modem couldn't supply more than 300MB download speeds, even though the signals looked good. He left with no other answer than that he needs to open another maintenance ticket.
I go on tirade to FB and am dismissed after several attempts/demands for more technical assistance.
Nope...They opened the ticket and had another maintenance team come to my house. I see the maintenance guy drive up....plug in his meter for 10 minutes...unplugs it...and drives away. He says my signals are good...and closes the ticket. But my speeds are still no bueno.
I demanded from FB once again for investigation since I'm STILL NOT GETTING THE CORRECT SPEEDS. I have provided logs from my modem.. I have provided the ticket number with Arris. I have lost all my patience. The FB agent dispatches another promised Senior SUPERVISOR field technician.
Who shows up? A guy who has almost no experience with GigaBlast and has zero idea what to do to fix it. So I call and get in touch with another Tier 2 technician that identifies the issue as a misconfiguration on COX's part, and insists that the maintenance team should have identified it by now. The field technician in my house has to dispatch a maintenance request AGAIN.
I provide all of the details to the FB team once again, and I'm told to get bent for 72 hours, and have refused to even acknowledged they have received the information I'm communicating to them. And each time I reach a new technician in some other department, I have to start this entire dramatic unfolding over again. And then I'm sent to the back of the line again....with STILL NO CONSISTENT SPEEDS.
Cox has been making me jump through hoops and basically finger pointing back to me and my hardware/configurations. I have proven consistently that the configuration mismatch is on the part of COX and I have still had to fight this.
I am 100% certain there are people out there who gladly hand their checks over to COX and have the wrong configuration being provided BY COX. I have spent dozens of hours troubleshooting, reading blogs, communicating the problems to dozens of technicians, and I cannot get help. Actual help.
What makes this worse is that when I upgraded from 100MG to 300MB, I experienced a very similar situation. I spent three months fighting with Cox until one actual Cox technician came to my house, requested a change on a node, and drove away with my 300MB service fully functional.
I hope if you're reading this, that you're as persistent as I am with getting what you're paying for.
I will gladly answer anyone if they want more technical details of my experience to validate my story line.
***Obligatory qualifications*** I'm a senior technical consultant within datacenter virtualization, and storage backgrounds. I can communicate on moderately high level in configuration and design.