- Can anyone explain why I only get a fraction of what I pay for? my last speed test was 16Mbps, and at best I get 28mbps. I pay for 1000Mbps, and I fully understand that one device will never actually get those speeds (several people are using the internet), but I am not even getting a twentieth of what I am paying for. I called the support line, and the guy wanted to restart my router and modem (of course), and then tried to have me get a tech to come look at it (for about 100$ of course). I vehemently declined that offer, I know my equipment is good, I paid for excellent brands, and both the modem and the router support +1000Mbps speeds. I told customer service they needed to have someone come check the main line in my neighborhood as my neighbor (and several others) all shared the same experience with me, we are getting hardly any internet. They supposedly created a ticket for a tech to come to inspect the box outside and gave me the ticket number, but I have not received any news on that front yet. @COX - please resolve our situation. -Sincerely, Paying CustomersSolved
- Consumer Reports released the results of their survey of telecommunication services. No surprise that COX is in the WORST category no matter whether you look at the "Phne TV Internet Bundles", "Internet Providers", "TV Services" categories. In the "Value" category COX is always the lowest score, and in "Customer Service", the second lowest score possible. Where "reliability" was a rating factor, COX scored the median or "average" value. Same with "speed". Why can a company with record (and increasing) profits sustain such growth with mediocre to poor services? UNREGULATED GOVERNMENT GRANTED MONOPOLIES! As in CA where COX hip-pocket politicians in the state legislature approved a carve up of the state into monopoly zones for telecom services among COX, COMCAST and XFINITY. This allowed COX for the longest time to keep its hip-pocket county commisioners from issuing construction permits to Verizon (local landline phone provider) to update their copper line to fiber which caused Verizon to abandon their services in my area to Frontier, a Chinese company that, because of Chinese law, has to make all communications on its networks available to Chinese military and industrial "intelligence" services without any type of legal review or check and balance. Why the Chinese interest in this area? It is fairly dense with high-tech companies with leading edge tech in medical, aerospace, military and civilian telecom, power generation and distribution technologies, the very areas Chinese spying has been penetrating and stealing for decades. FINALLY (probably due to anti-American Trumpists in the telecom regulating agencies from Fed to state level) Frontier was able to break the COX stranglehold on the permitting process and has just started to upgrade the local copper network to fiber, and in limited neighborhoods, offer high-speed internet via fiber. COX current response in an advertising campaign specifically calling out Frontier on speed based on their historical DSL service in order to be sure no one notices that they are transitioning to Fiber. In addition COX falsely claims a 99%+ up-time/reliability that I have not experienced EVER in Cox internet service, and in their TV service since the early 2000's. To bleed as much money out of existing customers before they discover there may be a more reliable and cost-effective option, COX has increased its customer abuse tactics. For example, charging for streaming services that are only available with a DVR-enable Cox receiver, while they KNOW you are only provisioned with (and charged for) non-DVR capable receiver (and stating when, called on the fact that their Web site says YOUR receiver IS capable of receiving the streaming service - i.e. HBOMax - that you need to upgrade to the DVR capable box at an addition $10 - 15 per month in order to use the service you are being billed for!). Another example: Initially signed up for the lowest internet speed package (at the time 100 mbps) when Verizon disabled my DSL by wiring in a new office complex between my home office and the switch so that the wire run to my house put me outside the DSL capable distance for their copper network. Subsequently I got (and saved) emails from COX telling me how I was getting a "free speed upgrade" to my existing internet service. Of course, these never appeared - at least not according to Ookla Speed Test. What did appear over time was a doubling then tripling of the "Ping" time over my DSL service which I believe is COX's interception of internet/website requests for purposes of privacy violating profiling and corporate throttling "for fun and profit" from data miners and corporations that want "priority" access to COX users. Then to rub salt into thw wounds, COX eliminated the 100 and 150 Mbps tiers, automatically "upgraded" those users to 250 mbps with an overall 40%+ fee increase, BUT NEVER UPGRADED THE ACTUAL SPEED OF THE CONNECTION!!! When contacted, they tried to tell my wife (take advantage of an ignorant woman, they thought - except she shares the same software engineering creds as I have) that in order to get these new speeds we would have to upgrade our equipment to COX "panoramic" (mesh) WiFi, which is total BS especially for a home with one computer wired to the router, and one light-use tablet connected to the internet VERY SPORADICALLY throughout any given day. (No social media accounts, little to no looking at videos, mostly email, some shopping, and some info research for non-digital hobbies.) When challenged, the excuse became, "well your modem is too old - you need to upgrade it". I've been using my own Netgear DOCSIS 3.0 modem since the beginning with COX, and the only problem is their frequent outages that sometimes the own up to as "maintenance" and other times as "outage in your area" always with the same predicted fix time of 6:00 am the next day. Despite knowing this was total BS on COX's part, I went to their web site and found a modem they claimed was DOCSIS 3.1 and compatible with their service. I purchased the modem from BestBuy, but when following the modem manufacturer's instructions for COX activation via COX web site, it failed (waited on activation to complete for several hours and gave up). I then called COX tech support number listed for Internet service activation, provided the tech with the MAC etc. and while waiting for the activation which he could not do, he tried to set up a "service call" by a tech with a replacement modem since the one I had could not be activated (despite all status indicators being normal). I told him that the modem was purchased from BestBuy and then he told me "UNLESS THE MODEM IS SUPPLIED BY COX IT WILL NOT WORK WITH COX INTERNET SERVICE". So, once again COX web site falsely advertises available services for specific hardware models! AND THEY GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE THEY ARE AN UNREGULATED MONOPOLY TELECOM PROVIDER!! AND THE KNOWINGLY CONTINUE TO MAKE FALSE CLAIMS AND "SERVICE ADJUSTMENTS" SOLELY TO INCREASE PROFITS WITHOUT IMPROVEMENTS TO QUALITY, QUANTITY OF SERVICE OR "CUSTOMER CARE". That's why, when talking to anyone about my telecom services I say, "COX - say it out loud - that's what you have to deal with - a bunch of....!
- What is going on with the massive insatiability? The last month each day is a dice roll to see if I get working internet, half working internet, or no internet. Cox is really undermining the "I pay for internet, use internet to make money, pay them for more internet" arrangement. Sooner or later the situation will be insolvent. And the constant "updates" which are just lies at this point, every couple of hours its gonna be a couple more hours.
Anyone have ACP dept phone # --Representatives should be educated better about ACP and not be condescendingExtremely frustratedand saddened at the treatment and lack of knowledgeby some Cox employees. I called requesting to speak to the ACP dept. I have spoken to them in the past and the gentleman told me there were two specific people assigned to these accounts. I do not know why the agents act like they have no idea what I am talking about, its a secret & refuse to provide the number or transfer. When I then ask for "customer service" I find out later that they say "Oh well I am tech support, not customer service but.... " wait what? So not only you cant help me but you lied. I was transferred 4 times- all agents tried to tell me I was notgoing to get a better deal. **I want to downgrade my service. I can notafford it.** it isnot about a better deal. Not sure what they do notunderstand.It is the whole reason I have the ACP. I only temporarily upgraded while the kids were all home for the holidays. Eventually, I get tto "loyalty & retention" because Im told if I can notafford the bill any longer at the 1G price maybe I should cancel & provideme the local storesaddress to return the equipment. Great way to treat a customer of over 10 years. Finally, I gave up and I did the downgrade myself online (more than half the speed) and now my bill is TRIPLE what it was. Seems dishonest and shady. Why cant I speak to the dept that handles ACP accts? They were so helpful. I should not be treated poorly or talked down to because I have a coupon. Can anyone please help?Solved
- Does anyone in the area of 31204 (or surrounding zip codes) Macon, GA have ZERO internet service due to an “outage”? My service has been off for over a week now and I get nowhere with the chat or the phone reps. They regurgitate a script (ad nauseam) and ask if there’s anything else they can assist me with. Yes, please cancel my service and let me go elsewhere that actually can get their act together long enough for me to receive the service I’m paying for. If you’re in the area, and your internet is down, please reply with any info or timeline that you may have heard.
- It sure what I am paying for anymore. Internet out all night. Now all day. This seems to be a once a week occurrence with no explanation and ZERO customer service. The voice mail response is downright rude that you would dare to try and speak to a human being.
- No one seems to be able to assist. I have tried through the web and the app with resets. I went and bought and picked up new things including their modem, talked to 10 different agents who use the same troubleshooting and telling me to do the same steps I’ve already done. Telling me everything looks fine on their end. What’s funny but not funny about that is, I then received a text from them separately saying there’s an outage in my area. Next was: Cox: Thanks for signing up to receive outage text updates. We're working on it, and expect you to be reconnected by 05:01AM. We'll continue to send updates as they're available. Next was: Cox: The outage in your area is resolved. We'll continue to closely monitor our network. Please let us know if your services are working. Reply "YES" if your service is up and running. Reply "NO" or "Unsure" if you're still having an issue. I say no. Then:We're sorry to see you're having trouble connecting. Please visit https://cox.com/smarthelp to troubleshoot the issue and get back up and running. Then:Cox: Your reset was unsuccessful. Try unplugging the power & plugging it back in. This can take up to 10 min. Then:Cox: It's been 3 days since the outage in your area was resolved, and we're checking to make sure your service is still running smoothly. Reply "YES" if you can connect without issues. Reply "NO" or "Unsure" if you’re still having trouble. I say NO again. Then: We're sorry to see you're having trouble connecting. Please visit https://cox.com/smarthelp to troubleshoot the issue and get back up and running. Now I’m highly annoyed because all these days have passed. I decide to txt AGENT for the 10th and final time. Same troubleshooting steps I already told them I’m tired of doing. Cox: Verify the Coax Cable is Connected into the Cable Port on the Box. Verify Coax Cable is connected to the wall outlet. Ensure all connections between the wall and the equipment are not loose or damaged. Me:I’ve reset, unplugged, plugged back, reset again, unscrewed cords, screwed them back in.It can’t be the modem, router, coax cords, Ethernet cords, power cords, nothing. I got all new stuff yesterday and a new modem from cox 3 days ago.My WiFi worked for 45 minutes today and then gone.I’ve troubleshoot everything, check cords, got a new modem, new router, etc.I’ve been without internet for 5 days.I’ve talked to ten agents.Then I was told there’s an outage in my area AFTER being told there wasn’t Then I’m told-Thank you so much for this confirmation, there are no outages reported in your area at this moment, in this case please allow me to reboot your device in order to clean up your line for any cache or excess of data and check the status of your modem, if the steps we follow don't fix the issue we will schedule a tech visit. 😑 did it, still nope. Next was:Thank you so much for following these steps with me today. I know how important it is for you to get everything working again, it seems like a tech visit needs to be done in order to sort this out for you, the visit would have a $75 potential charge (if the cause of the issue is Cox's responsibility charge won't be applied) I’m like at this point, y’all should’ve came out to the residents affected that are still having troubles because why would they lie 😑😑😑 Anybody else encounter this mess?
- I have had 4 outages in the last week in my area/neighborhood near Buffalo and Summerlin Parkway. (7 total in the last 3 weeks) I called Friday to get credited for the outages and Cox did but when asked why or will these keep happening?.. nothing. I understand COX is going to keep us in the dark about what causes their problems but for the amount we pay there should be some "communication" (haa, get it!) from them about a service that we rely on now as much as power and water! This has made me start looking to get a second connection which I should have to do. And Cox doesn't care they have the monopoly over most the area. A class action suit would be nice.
- I saw this post on the Cox website and was excited:https://newsroom.cox.com/Cox-Increases-Fiber-powered-Internet-Speeds I checked my service speed on cox.com and it looks like I was upgraded to 500Mbps (From 250Mbps). When I performed the speed test on my Cox Panoramic Wifi modem through the "Cox Wifi" app it said my plan speed was still 250Mbps. It looks like they are still having problems rolling out this service. I reset my modem multiple times speaking with a Cox representative and unplugged all cables from the modem to get it to restart. Still no luck. Is anyone else having issues getting the Service speed of 500Mbps to match the plan speed of 250Mbps in the Cox Wifi App? Whenever I perform a speedtest I am able to get 300Mbps of 250Mbps, but nowhere near the 500Mbps service speed. I even disconnected all devices in my household and still received between 299Mbps-300Mbps on all 8 of my tests through the Cox Wifi App.Solved
- I'm trying to find out if they even offer a reason for the outages anymore because Cox is the only company I can get at my apartment and 90% of the time I can't even use it and they won't tell me why. I'm about to just cancel it and get a better phone plan with a big Hotspot because at least then I'd be able to use it and not pay 200$ a month for nothing. I just want to know if this will ever stop. It's literally every other day it goes down for almost the entire day and they're a monopoly in my area so I can't get AT&T or anything else. This is ridiculous. I want answers. (Tulsa, OK zip code 74146)