Forum Discussion

bhaddercox
Visitor
24 hours ago

Getting 3% of my subscribed speed

I've been receiving 3% of my subscribed speed for months. I've had 4 tech visits. Even one visit the tech ran a new line and cut a hole in the wall for a new coax outlet in the house, which didn't fix anything. 

Having Cox as an internet service provider is an absolute disaster and terrible decision for home or business. My business unfortunately also uses Cox and we have the same issues at the office. 

The online support only knows to ask about WiFi and things every issue is WiFi related. All tests I run are from hardwired devices. 

The Cox app tests speeds from the coax line to the gateway, that is the speed I'm concerned about what happens to the speeds once leaving the gateway is my responsibility but it is coxs responsibility to at least get the speeds to my gateway which has not been done consistently since acquiring the service. Huge disappointment I have to deal with this EVERY SINGLE DAY almost every hour I have to reset the gateway/modem.

If you are smart just get Verizon FiOS. I had it at my last house far superior in every way. I will once it comes to my area. 

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Are you using the Cox WiFi modem, or a personally owned modem/router combo? If you are using the Pano modem, which model are you using? 

• bhaddercox, I am sorry this has been your experience with your service. We would definitely hate to lose you. Please send us an email to Cox.Help@Cox.Com with your full name, address and link to this forum.