6 months ago
Not getting posted plan speeds even after in-home visit
Hi folks, wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what steps were taken to resolve. Here's my situation:
- Go super fast internet plan (1Gbps down, 100Mbps up)
- Cox Panoramic wi-fi router installed
- I regularly get only 30Mbps down but keep 100Mbps up
Troubleshooting I've done:
- Restarted Panoramic wifi using Cox Wifi app multiple times. Also power cycled the unit several times. That will get me roughly 1Gbps down, sometimes even more, for about 5 minutes
- Tested at various times using Cox Wifi and speedtest.net to confirm 30Mbps speed
- Tried wireless and wired (ethernet) speed tests—still get 30Mbps
- Did a service call to see if signal strength was to blame. The techs upgraded one of the coax splitters, and I was then getting consistent speeds of 1Gbps down...for about 6 hours.
- Try to get a new panoramic wifi router to see if the individual unit is defective?
- Call tech support?
- Downgrade to a slower speed if Cox is unable to provide posted plan speeds in my area?