Forum Discussion

Rabiya
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Cox connection drop @85044

Please see above logs in modem and cox fix this pls, I tried with 3 different modem, issue started 3-4 weeks ago

14 Replies

Rabiya
    New Contributor II

jonathanj  dave9 also started seeing T4, what should be the value to expect on SNR or power level?

Cable Modem Reboot due to T4 timeout ;CM-MAC=d0:39:b3:f8:cc:46;CMTS-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

DannyS
      Hello, if still finding concerns over the connection and need us to check anything that could be affecting the connection? We would be happy to do so for you. When available can you please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com for assistance anytime. -Dan
        Rabiya
        New Contributor II

Yes, I need help, I see lots of T3 time out and T4 reboot of modem automatically happening, the issue is not getting resolved for me

Dave9
      Contributor III

SNR isn't great but it's technically within specs. I don't know if I trust those power levels. All channels perfectly 0 dBmV doesn't seem possible. Maybe someone from Cox can confirm those levels. This doesn't look like an easy answer.

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Rabiya

I've checked the surrounding area and not showing any issues the would be affecting the modem. Check the modem signal levels and they're not at the levels we like seeing them. You mention you have tried different modem. Have you check the coax cable and make sure there are no kinks and the conductor (copper pin ) is bent or just try swap the coax if you have a spare?

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      Rabiya
      New Contributor II

I tried different coax (new fresh out of pack no kinks) and also tried another room, got different power level but still same disconnect 

Dave9
        Contributor III

You posted firewall/router logs but you need to post cable modem logs. Also look at the high error rate on channel 2/927 MHz. Possible RF ingress.