Forum Discussion

MasterMyDomain
Contributor
2 years ago

Emails From cox help@cox com not being received

I have sent 5 emails regarding my Call History not working to the address in the subject line of this post (that included the required periods after cox on both sides of the @).  Moderators on this Forum have told me they were received and answered.  I have not received any of the answers.  I did receive one phone call after requesting it in my 4th email.  I have asked that the contents of the Cox responses be posted to the forum, and faxed to me, and mailed to me, and read to me over the phone so I can see what they say.  I check my Spam folder frequently, and search each one for the letters "Cox" in the address or subject line.  I also do this for any emails in my Inbox that I mark as spam.  I do not have any spam filters set up but I also check my Trash folder to see if any Cox emails have been sent directly there.  I have not blocked any domains.  I have not changed whatever the default sensitivity is for spam or security or whatever.  All other emails from Cox are being received, such as notices that my bill is ready to view online and reminders that my bill is due to be paid in 7 days.  Emails to me from all my other email contacts are being received.  Anyone else having this problem? 

42 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Today, 10/10/2022 I sent a 6th email to Cox.Help@Cox.com from a different email address than the previous 5 emails, and requested they reply to both addresses which they did and the reply was received at both addresses.  So the speculation that something was wrong with my email settings was bogus.  The reply was that they were working on an open ticket number.  I did a live chat and they were able to provide me the ticket number.  

• I have also checked "Notifiy Me if Anyone Responds to this Post" and have not received any notifications.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Not much help, but I just tested my Call History and it's working.  Do you know of any neighbors also subscribing to Cox?  If so, perhaps the neighbor could try to duplicate your discrepancy within your same enclave.  If not, at the least my comment could test your notification feature from the cox.com domain.

Just curious...why are you removing the periods from the Help Desk address?

MasterMyDomain
      Contributor

Did not receive an email notification that your comment.was posted.

On the Call History Not Working topic, days were wasted speculating as to what the EXACT email addresses were on the emails from Cox that I WAS receiving, speculating that none of them were from the Cox.com domain.  As it turns out mynotifications@cox.com is the address of the emails received announcing that my bill is now available to view online.

I'll ask some of my neighbors who they use.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

Email notifications haven't worked properly for anyone during the almost four years since you joined the Forums.  I never signed up for email notifications, but I randomly receive them.  The only one I'd received this year was on 8/1 until I received five more since last Friday.  I created a Filter Rule to mark them as read and file into a "Forums" folder so that I can monitor when this occurs.

You were rather insistant that your billing notifications were coming from an email address with a different domain.  You even got annoyed when I said the email regarding your bill probably came from mynotifications@cox.com.

Now that we know you're receiving email from @cox.com addresses too, I'm more convinced than ever that the issue is somewhere in your email settings.  You may know this already, but just in case, here's a link to How to Set Junk Mail Settings in SBCglobal.net Mail

You need to provide answers when people ask you questions.  (There's no reason to remove the periods from cox.help@cox.com).  You also need to provide all relevant information.  Your email provider would have been relevant to anyone not familiar with your issue.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Try sending a test email to the Help Desk.  Don't include any links or be wordy.  Just Subject Test Message and I'm troubleshooting.  I'm thinking Global doesn't like receiving email from cox.com with a lot of "com" in it.

• I checked my Forum profile and settings and all boxes for email notifications are checked but no email address is shown nor is there a field to enter one.  Does it just default to the email address on my Cox account?  That is the address that is not receiving emails from cox.help@cox.com although it does receive them from all other Cox addresses.  It dawned on me to ask because my Forum ID is not the same as my Cox ID and if they have separate email addresses perhaps that is the cause of the problem. 

Secondly, I joined the forum with a different Forum ID but a year or two after my last post that ID disappeared.  So I created the one being used now which is similar, but not identical, to the first one.  Could something about that history explain why I am not receiving emails?

Is there a way for me to check the email address used for my Forum ID?

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Does it just default to the email address on my Cox account?

Forum notifications would use whatever email address you used to establish your account on the Forum.
      -----
      Forum ID is not the same as my Cox ID.

I don't believe it needed to be the same as your Cox userID.  The Forum server would be different than the server with your Cox account
      -----
      Could something about that history explain why I am not receiving emails?

If the first Forum account is different from your second account, the first account probably still exists but you're just not using it.  Again, whatever email address you used to establish your second account should be receiving any email from the Forum.
      -----
      Is there a way for me to check the email address used for my Forum ID?

I scoured my settings and didn't see any reference to what email address my account on the Forum is using.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Moderators can open your profile in the Forum to research your information.  I once asked a question and I think it was Jonathan to have copied-and-pasted my last name from my account into the post.  Your SMTP address may be on an admin page for the Forum.

Edit:  It took some searching...

forums.cox.com/.../108507

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

When a person initially signs up for the Cox Support Forum, they're asked to enter their cox.com User ID and Password, then click Sign In.  This creates their Forum account.  (Their Forum ID is not the same as their Cox account ID.  A person can be signed into their Cox account and the Forum at the same time.  If they sign out of the Forum, they're still signed into their Cox account and vice-versa).

The new Forum user will enter the Forum Name that will identify them in the Forum and the Forum Email address to use for Forum email notifications.  It can be whatever email address they want to use.  This email address is private and is not publicly shared.  (It doesn't appear to be privately shared either.  The email fields in my profile are blank).  Although Forum email notifications are disabled (along with all other Forum Settings), this email address may be identified if a Forum email notification, that occurrs randomly from time to time, is received.  Of course, if the Forum email address is an email account that's no longer used, those random email notifications won't be available to be viewed.

It seems a person may have to be a Cox customer to join the Cox Support Forum.  But since a Forum ID is independent of a Cox account, the individual could continue to sign into the Cox Support Forum after they're no longer a Cox customer. 

Cox Support Forums First Time Access

MasterMyDomain
      Contributor

My posting this morning was copied from an email I sent to cox.help@cox.com.  In it I included my name, address, phone & fax number, Forum ID and password, and a link to this thread.  Haven't received a reply.  I feel like a mushroom - - kept in the dark and covered with mulch..or something.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

There are 2 options under Settings to enable email notifications:

1.  Click Profile picture in upper-right corner
    2.  Select Settings
    3.  Under Options tab
         - Enable email contact
         - Allow this site to contact you

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

Those are two of the options in "Settings" that haven't been available to Cox customers for over four years.  Uncheck one or more of them to turn them off and click "Save".  Leave the page and come back.  Options you unchecked will be checked again.  (If you can't turn a setting on/off, it's not an option).  Those settings aren't on by default or we would all be getting email notifications every time we get a Forum notification.  Random email notifications that we do occasionally receive are a Forum glitch.   

Earlier in this thread, I posted four links to Forum posts that referenced this.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I don't really know.  I set mine years ago and haven't touch them since.  It seems hierarchical in the Setting for your account.  You could set which notifications you want in the Notifications tab and then toggle the actual option in the Settings tab...without having to de-select all the stuff in the Notifications tab.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.  i know there have been inconsistencies and glitches over the years.  I like this Forum for its simplicity but don't understand some of its design.