Forum Discussion

KeithD
New Contributor II
7 years ago

Why can't Cox Fix My Internet

Ever since I moved into this house years ago, I have had intermittent connection issues. Multiple service reps have been out here to "diagnose" my connection, but no one can ever seem to pinpoint the cause of my connection.

I have recently cut everything but internet (because we know Cox is a monopoly in this service), and I continue to have connection issues.

It's only the UPLOAD I have issues with. 

I pay for: 100 Mbps DOWN, 10 Mbps UP. My last test I received: 86.33 Mbps DOWN, 0.00 UP, with a 44% packet loss (29 ms latency, which is acceptable). It has always been an issue with my UPSTREAM connection. Multiple modems being used, no change. When performing this test, I always disconnect from the router and connect straight into the modem so we can ensure the router is not causing the issue. I have used Cox's provided routers with the same issue, but currently I am using a retail router.

I am so tired of paying so much money to get so little back. I would just like to get a working internet connection

Edit:

I would like to mention this issue is sporadic. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I can run a test with a normal range then come back in 5 minutes and I get the above. 20 minutes later it may work again if I am lucky, but if it does, then I can expect it to go down within another 10-20 minutes. No consistency, which is what makes diagnosing my issue such a problem.

2 Replies

AZDesertGal
    New Contributor

I am in that same boat.  Been going on for 7 years.  I finally wrote to the FCC and started getting some response from Cox.  they sent 2 of their special field agents to my home after completely fixing everything in my neighborhood.  They then told me they would lend me the Panoramic modem-router and if it helps I can rent it for $10 a year.  LOL  Sure and give them an extra $120 a year?  I could buy a new one for that.  I am not that crazy. 

Anyhoo, I have had this several weeks now and my internet just keeps getting slower. I subscribed for 30 Mbps and on this computer (wihich is not my fastest) it is registering 140-525 Kbps.  Before they left they tested (but on "their" site. LOL and it was somewhere in the 20's Mbps

I must be an idiot as I keep shelling out the bucks every month to COX.

They "fix" something but not for long.  Give it a few days and the problem is back and sometimes even worth.

You just can't imagine how much of my time I have given up between phone calls and waiting for their support guy to arrive.

• Hello KeithD, The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need for someone to look into your account personally. We can definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the full service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.