Tech support "Live Agents" are just AI sales bots that offer 2 solutions, upgrade your service or an invasive costly tech visit. Is anyone else tired of this scam and about to switch to modern G5 and escape this old coax wire web of deception?"Live Agents" are AI sales bots that sell services and dont provide solutions
85142 - The Internet is always hanging and then connecting again. I consistently see Uncorrectable Errors.85142 - The Internet is always hanging and then connecting again. I consistently see Uncorrectable Errors on Channels 1,6,7,8, and 9 with Arris SB6183 16-channel modem. I confirmed outside connections are solid where we have an Antronix 4-way 5-1002Mhz splitter with four -7dB out connections. We also have a MoCA POE-F201C filter for the incoming line. No major issues until a recent Cox Outage and now constant issues. Any recommendations?
- First off all I work from home and depend on a stable connection with good bandwidth... When the opportunity came up to upgrade to Gigablast I bought a brand new Arris SB8200 and upgraded my account. From day one I never got full Gigablast speeds even when plugged directly into the modem with my laptop. I even tested with another laptop and a desktop PC and none of them got more than ~650Mbps. I was OK with that though because in my book that was good bandwidth. Starting today I can't get more than 100Mbps at best... multiple tests using the Cox provided Speedtest app and website show download speeds as low as 5Mbps. The connection also drops out all together intermittently for minutes at a time. According to Cox their system hasn't detected any issues or outages so they refuse to send someone to investigate. I was willing to accept the fact that I'd probably be charged $75 for the truck roll but at least I'd have someone come out and maybe resolve the issues. Unfortunately I'm not worth their time apparently. I'm told that because their system doesn't show an issue they won't send a tech... Now, to be clear, I'm having to chat with this person using my Verizon mobile hotspot because my Cox connection was completely down but I still don't qualify for assistance. This is absolutely the worst customer service I have encountered with my home services and refuse to pay $150 per month for service that isn't worth Cox's time to fix when it is obviously not working correctly. Has anyone else had this happen? What did you do? Was it ever resolved? Should I just change ISP's? Thanks... JP
- When it works, it works great. Then it doesn't and it keeps dropping for hours. I'm having frequent packet loss and connectivity issues over the past few weeks after several months of low to no issues on 4 different WIRED computers. This happens daily in waves. Sometimes the quality is good for a few hours, but usually it drops every few minutes for hours on end. I've been running ping plotter to monitor for connectivity. https://imgur.com/a/9cRQv7k Usually when it goes out: Actively running Netflix, YouTube, and general web browsing seems uninterrupted unless it's trying to start up a new one. I can still view and hear others on currently joined video calls or streams. The quality of myvoice and video degrades to the point that others on the call can't see or hear and eventually I get dropped Just this bit makes me think it's a problem with the upstream channels possibly having noise or an issue in the network in that direction. I've wasted days working with the online support chat and I've calling support. it doesn't seem like they have the tools or know-how to get to the bottom of the issue. Often it seems they jump to conclusions I without evidence and few of the things they have determined: My modem needs a reboot. This is the first thing every time and I've already done it. Everything is fine. This is usually the final conclusion every time I call. A fine Jedi mind trick, but they're not Jedi. There's probably a virus on all my computers and I need Cox Complete Care. I don't have enough bandwidth and I need to upgrade to the Gigablast plan. I feel stupid for even giving this one a try and am not happy about the zero results. It's my modem. I've replaced my modem a number of times duesupport suggesting the modem is faulty over the years. Never once has it remedied the issue. My current (newest best) modem has been working fine for months before these issues cropped up. Cox says it's the modem. Arris says it's Cox. :-| I need Panoramic WiFi and that will fix it. Nice try on the upsell. Xbox consoles are eating all the bandwidth because they have a lot of graphics. This is laughable and nonsense. Even if it made sense I don't even have an Xbox. They need to send a tech out to look at the cable lines and modem I've had a tech out to look at the lines and they reported the signals and modem look good. All the channels look to be in range and there's no ingress. It feels more like the support channels are really just sales channels. There doesn't appear to be a next step beyond sending out a tech. I'd switch providers, but there's nothing else available. I'm not sure where to go from here.Solved
- I am on the Internet Preferred 150 plan, and in the last few months I've been having issues with my transfer speeds. Based on my plan, I should be getting 150 Mbps down / 10 Mbps up, and results from speedtest.com or fast.com always show my connection meeting or exceeding those transfer rates with speeds around 175 down and 10.5 up on average. The problem is that these speeds are not holding up under sustained real-world loads, particularly on the Upstream side. I operate a Plex Media Server in my home and routinely stream from it throughout the day. In the past I was able to reliably stream at 8 Mbps, but in the last couple of months I have had severe buffering issues and had to bump down to 4 Mbps or less to get a stable stream. I have backed this up with a series of iperf3 tests, all of which show an initial transfer speed of 10 Mbps, which almost immediately drops to 4-4.5 Mbps after about a second of testing. Regular large transfers to other cloud storage services tell a similar story. For the record, I disconnected my router and did a wired test with my laptop connected directly to the modem, which did show an overall increase to 5-5.5 Mbps in iPerf3, but that is still well below the service I pay for. Unless there is a problem with my modem (it has not given me any noteworthy trouble to date), I can't think of any hardware bottlenecks on my end that would limit my speeds, so it really feels like Cox is under-delivering my internet service and masking it by prioritizing speed test traffic.
- Please remember that if you have an issue with your internet and cox cannot solve the problem while still continuing to charge your every month, you should contact the FCC. They are there so that companies like cox cannot abuse the monopoly they hold over many users. Before disconnecting service and giving up contact the FCC first and tell them what's happening. here is a related post that is talking about this as well forums.cox.com/.../issues-with-your-internet-call-the-fcc
- Hello, Issue: Issue 1: Every few minutes or so I get 1-3% packet loss. Sometimes it can go up to 20%, but this usually only happens 1-2 times a day. Issue 2: My internet will drop connection. There is no trigger for this. It happens any time. The odd thing is that when the internet drops, I can still hear my friends talking on discord. I cannot speak back to them, but I will be able to listen to their conversation while I wait for discord to drop me for disconnect issues. It's almost as if my packets being received are coming in fine, while the packets trying to leave are getting lost. When the internet goes out, all the Wi-Fi and ethernet connections disconnect as well. I know this because, my wife's ethernet connected computer disconnects, and the PlayStation on Wi-Fi disconnects. Also, my phone disconnects. None of the lights on the modem change. The internet usually comes back on 1-2 minutes later, but this happens frequently. Usually around every 30 minutes.If I run a tracert to google.com it says that the Destination host is unreachable. My setup: I have a Motorola Gigabyte modem with Docsys 3.0. That is connected to a UBNT Edgerouter X Router (Firmware is up to date), the router is connected to a TL-SG1210P switch, and the switch is connected to an access point for Wi-Fi and 2 computers. The Coaxial is directly connected from the tap to the modem. No splitting. The Coaxial cable has been completely replaced by a Cox technician, and tested for assurance. What has been done: I have had two different technicians come to my house and confirm that the node that feeds internet to the neighborhood is malfunctioning. The first technician setup a test that would check the node directly and report back any problems. She found tons of issues, and put in a work order to fix the node. The node was reported "serviced" in November. The packet loss issues started coming back, and with each day they worsen. The technician has since ghosted me, and will not respond to my recurring issues. The packet loss used to be consistent and around 15-50% loss. Since the node has been service, the issue has lessoned, but still persists. Before this, I had a DIFFERENT technician who didn't understand what packet loss was, but at least believed there was an issue because my upload speed was almost 0. He hooked up his monitor to my modem directly; the problem persisted. I kept trying to convince him that the problem lies with the node, but he didn't understand. I had him switch my modem out for a cox modem to prove to him that it wasn't my modem. The problem still persisted. We hooked my modem back up, and I took him outside to check the line feeding into the tap for my house. The problem persisted. We scoured through my neighborhood, and found the node that distributes internet to everyone, and hooked DIRECTLY into the node. The problem persisted. He called his superior, and the superior said he will have to send a specialist out to service the node, because there is something wrong with it. When the problems started to arise again in December, I tried to contact the technician who left me a work number, but they didn't respond. I tried calling Cox again, and they wanted to send out ANOTHER technician. I cancelled, because I've already been through this loop many times, and if the problem isn't occurring when they show up, then they will say that everything is fine.I am also afraid of getting another incompetent technician. I am willing to jump through some more hoops for technicians if they need more clarification on the issues. Let me know what you would like me to do. Thank you.Solved
I have the unlimited data plan for $50 each month yet cox reduced my gigablast plan to 50m download 3m upload which is completely inadequate, for 90 days because they think I am HARMING others connection in the neighborhood.I purchased the unlimited plan because I need to use a lot of data and you are saying I'm actually not allowed to do that? the person also in a insulting manner say he could not remove the limit nor could his fu**** supervisor. just because they see my usage as not appropriate they punish me?
- For the last 2 months or so between the hours of 7am and 12pm, our connection will drop just enough to kick my wife out of her work VPN. It will glitch out my YouTube as well but that is far less important. The rest of the day is generally fine and my speeds are good when it's not doing it. But my wife can't work if it kicks her out. I was told a technician can put a monitor on my line to try and catch the issue but I can't seem to get one to do it. I lay far too much to you guys for this to be happening.