Forum Discussion

Mavor88
New Contributor II
15 days ago

85008 outage

I’ve been without Internet connection for 19 hours and counting. What’s going on? All I get is a text every four hours with a new goal time telling me you’re working on it. I can’t miss another day of work. I need more info please. 

44 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Philm
    New Contributor II

The live agent was not on the phone, but was typing messages, but most of the messages were the typical pre-written responses to our questions. The same thing that we get in our messages they clearly do not want to be honest with their answers and don’t even care about us enough

smward1918
    New Contributor II

People are having the same issues in 85018 - we have a whole thread dedicated to it: Outages Zip Code 85018 | Cox Community

Getting the same vague responses from.Cox customer service, with no real ETA. One customer on the other thread said they have been without Internet for 10 days now.

Check out the links for filing FCC and BBB complaints, and start tracking your hours of downtime and any lost wages. This is an excessive time to be without service, but more importantly an absurd lack of transparency about the issues.

jaws222
    New Contributor III

So I guess it's safe to assume we'll be out tomorrow and possibly the rest of the weekend?

Philm
      New Contributor II

That’s my guess. The fact that they won’t tell us what the problem is, tells me they have a massive problem and dare not admit it.

jaws222
        New Contributor III

Time to start shopping for a new provider.  What are our choices?

jaws222
    New Contributor III

I never saw a dime of this.  In fact, my bill went up.

https://ktar.com/story/5555944/cox-agrees-13-million-settlement-arizona-lawsuit-deceptive-cable-fees-refunds/

ayacuna
    New Contributor II

I just spoke with their support line, their new ETA is 5:14pm. Hopefully this one doesn't come and go like their other ETAs

jaws222
      New Contributor III

They actually answered the phone!  Wow!  Now let's see if they're lying 

ayacuna
      New Contributor II

They have now offered me a $5.33 credit. How great...

jaws222
      New Contributor III

It's past 5:14.  Did they push it back to 9:14?

MerKat106
    New Contributor II

Business customer affected by the outage. 
    If we didn't have backup Internet, we would be unable to function and lose money.
    The lack of answers here is frustrating.

jaws222
    New Contributor III

Approaching 36 hours now of being down.  No updates at all today

jaws222
    New Contributor III

Another day and still both TV and Internet down.  Got that cookie cutter text says they're working overnight to restore service and the cox app says it's maintenance for an upgrade?  Which one is it?  Also, if they're working overnight does that mean during the day they are doing nothing?  Sure seems like it.

Sizsis
      New Contributor III

Cox help on Twitter said it's damaged fiber cable lol. I can't keep up. 

Philm
        New Contributor II

After I received last night’s message, I replied back and eventually I was given an option to talk to a live agent. I then proceeded to talk and after many questions, I finally got them to say that they were replacing fiber, optic cable, and

• Hello Mavor88,
    Thank you for already signing up for network alerts and updates through MyAccount or the Cox App. This is the same tool our teams use to check for estimations. I know how important it is to have the connection return for you to work remote. I'm sorry to hear this has been an added stress on you. I get that seeing the estimation get pushed is irritating; although we are normally accurate with our times, occasionally our teams run into unexpected issues which forces us to extend the restoral times.
    When you have a moment for support, could you email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and complete address with a copy of this message you've shared on this forum? We may not have an estimation to add, but we can investigate and help gather a credit for the service outage.

Zaw
    New Contributor II

I have had no internet since around 2:30 yesterday, and I am in 85013.  I got a refund this morning of $22.72, but not being able to work from home is a much bigger hit than that.   They won’t even give an update on time anymore.   I certainly wish that we would know.