- Data light on my Contour Box is a steady yellow, beginning yesterday. I reset it and it went off.Today when I turned it on it was back to yellow. This is reported on DSL Reports as well. What gives? www.dslreports.com/.../r32531197-Am-I-senileSolved
- Greetings, I have Cox cable at home and the TV works well with my TiVo device and cable card. For my study, I jus tuse the web browser. However there is no sound for some channels. TNT, Paramount, WGN for example have video but no sound. I have cleared the cache and reset the browsers and rebooted....al the tech stuff. Still no sound. Funny though, that when I access TV Go on the same network (as if I were not home) the sound and video are just fine. I contacted Cox and they had me go through all the troubleshooting as if it were my system but nothing. They then said that they will submit a ticket. Well that ticket is in the proverbial black box of purgatory.. No more from Cox. When I use my Contour App on my phone the video is choppy or stuck and no sound. for the same channels. There is something clearly wrong with the signal being sent for certain channels. Anybody else have the same issues? Thank you. Sal
- Recently we have experienced this issue on Fox (Channel 1013). We live in Ocala, Florida. We go into settings and audio description is turned off, but it still gives an audio description of the program. It doesn't happen during commercials. We are currently watching Hells Kitchen and nothing we do seems to work.
How do I access my Hulu and Amazon Video accounts on Contour 2? There doesn’t seem to be a way to add the apps and HDMI2 does not work anyway more.How do I access my Hulu and Amazon Video accounts on Contour2? There doesn’t seem to be a way to add the apps and HGMI2 does not work anymore. I called the support desk and received no support. I chatted online and there was no help - the operator only sent me to the useless support desk. How can I access my paid apps like I used to on HDMI2?
- Today my DVR would not display any channels. I reset and since than it has been stuck on the "welcome. Bienvenido. Bienvenue." Screen. I have chatted with tech support who could not even get it to reboot. I manually unplugged and it then got stuck in boot for an hour. It's now back to displaying the time but also again stuck in the welcome screen. Cox advised me I could swap it at a store or have a tech come out. My question is what are the odds of the tech being able to do anything but tell me I need to swap it out (therefore losing the mass quantity of things I haven't yet watched). I don't want to waste the price of a service call to have then do something I can do myself at a store 3 miles away. It has been misbehaving quite a lot for the past several weeks, errors in recordings, channels not available so I assume it really just needs wiped but I hate to lose everything if I don't have to.
- I transferred my service a few weeks ago -- when we moved we switched to the wireless dvr and now have 4 contour boxes 3 boxes seem to work fine One box, on the TV we use the most in the family room, (a new smart TV -- samsung qled) is giving us trouble. Each morning when turning on either "All power" or just the "TV power" button, the TV isn't recognizing the HDMI source of the cable. So each time, we do a hard reboot and it restarts and works fine. We did have a tech come out last week (he was coming anyway to set up the homelife service). I wasn't home at the time -- He apparently said it had to do with some setting and thought he had fixed it -- not sure the details. Regardless, that was 4-5 days ago and it still re-occurs each day. Thoughts? Ideas?
- Posting this September 2021 NFL games on COX in Southern CA randomly default to Spanish. After calling COX - no solution - and reading a bunch of posts (here and elsewhere) with no complete solution, I decided to post this cure. For clarity, we have fairly new Samsung TVs... First, the fundamental issue is that COX - for some bizarre reason - DEFAULTS many of its NFL/Football broadcasts to SPANISH as the PRIMARY language. That means if you go to your TV language and COX menu language/SAP and hit "reset" (or default or "English") you will find that your broadcast stays in Spanish. Making it worse, COX does not give you an actual language selection that is easy to find. Here's how to fix the issue: While watching the game - with NO menu showing - hit the PAUSE BUTTON. This will (obviously) pause the broadcast. You'll notice a small menu pops up along the bottom showing pause, rewind, fast forward - and ON THE LEFT SIDE you'll see "AD" "SAP" and "CC". YOU HAVE TO DO THE FOLLOWING QUICKLY BECAUSE THE MENU DISAPPEARS AFTER 3 SECS.... use your arrow keys and scroll LEFT to SAP (it will highlight "audio options") and click enter - the "audio options" menu will then appear - you need to select SPANISH and click ENTER - which then puts the SECONDARY LANGUAGE AS SPANISH (as counterintuitive as it may seem) - and you're done! Hope this helps! ASB in CA