Forum Discussion

ASB_in_CA
New Contributor
3 years ago

NFL Football in SPANISH - HOW TO FIX

Posting this September 2021

NFL games on COX in Southern CA randomly default to Spanish. After calling COX - no solution - and reading a bunch of posts (here and elsewhere) with no complete solution, I decided to post this cure. For clarity, we have fairly new Samsung TVs...

First, the fundamental issue is that COX - for some bizarre reason - DEFAULTS many of its NFL/Football broadcasts to SPANISH as the PRIMARY language. That means if you go to your TV language and COX menu language/SAP and hit "reset" (or default or "English") you will find that your broadcast stays in Spanish. Making it worse, COX does not give you an actual language selection that is easy to find. Here's how to fix the issue:

While watching the game - with NO menu showing - hit the PAUSE BUTTON. This will (obviously) pause the broadcast. You'll notice a small menu pops up along the bottom showing pause, rewind, fast forward - and ON THE LEFT SIDE you'll see "AD" "SAP" and "CC". YOU HAVE TO DO THE FOLLOWING QUICKLY BECAUSE THE MENU DISAPPEARS AFTER 3 SECS.... use your arrow keys and scroll LEFT to SAP (it will highlight "audio options") and click enter - the "audio options" menu will then appear - you need to select SPANISH and click ENTER - which then puts the SECONDARY LANGUAGE AS SPANISH (as counterintuitive as it may seem) - and you're done!

Hope this helps!

ASB in CA

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    coxprblms
    New Contributor III

The problem is that it sets all of my other channels to Spanish.

This needs to be resolved by Cox

Schoobies
      New Contributor

I have the same problem on the West Coast.  When I change Fox 11 and pick Spanish, the game commentary is in English again, but all the other channels then default to Spanish.  It would seem that Cox has something of a problem.

coxprblms
    New Contributor III

That worked! Thanks! Weird how its only on some games. The chargers game is in English. Also, people across the country are experiencing the same issues. Wonder if they are all Cox customers. One guy in Philly is watching the Eagles game but getting audio of a different NFL game.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

I've never experienced that with Contour 1.  It must be another Contour 2 issue.

ASB_in_CA
    New Contributor

Sorry, I should have indicated 1) the "FIX" is temporary - meaning it works so you can bypass the COX system issue and at least watch the game in English if you want and then switch it back when done; and 2) Equally bizarre, you will likely notice the COX system will randomly jump between English and Spanish (whether you use the fix or not) - so you have to repeat the process if/when it happens. This is clearly a COX issue - just trying to help get games in English and this is the only method that I've found that actually works (so far). Hope it helps!