- Hi, There is a Cox cable improperly installed on my neighbors house, it runs across our property from the pole and is not within 15ft of an electrical box for proper grounding. Besides the safety issue here, the front half of our double is rented out and the cable looks bad, makes our place look cheap. I want it move (have been told its not a big deal) and have asked cox to do this multiple times over the last few months...Does anyone else have Cox cables trespassing across their property or improperly installed? We are planned to back charge cox the lease fee @100/ft per month.
- I have been a happy Cox customer since June 2010 and that ended in June 2017. This is because I am still being billed for a Contour box I did not want and also returned the same week it was delivered to my house in May of 2017. I have contacted COX on the phone 5 different times and once in-person since June to get this issue fixed and NOTHING has been fixed or refunded even after each rep has said "Yes, we will get this corrected and refunded right away," it still does not change or update my account. Straight up lies each time. My credit card company has already refunded me for some of the months after they did a full month of investigating and resolved the transaction disputes in my favor. I should only be paying about $70 per month for the internet that I have. How do I get this TV service completely removed from my billing and refunded??? Otherwise I will continue to dispute all TV charges with my credit card company, and I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO THIS! This is complete nonsense, business carelessness. Next escalation is to talk to the local news.
- For the past several years we exit the summer heat about 1 June and return about 1 October. Upon leaving we put services on vacation and re-activate upon return. That has involved newspaper, internet and cable TV. There may be a small fee for this vacation privilege. There has never been a problem prior to this years return. Newspaper – no problem, internet – no problem, cable (DirecTV) – no problem. Last year I changed my cable TV over to Cox. But this year when I called to re-activate internet and cable TV, I was told that my cable bill would be greatly increased, but that they would attempt to get me the latest best deal available. I stated that I had just put it on vacation, not canceled. I was informed that the system basically cancels, it doesn't know how to just lapse service. I find this totally non-logical. The obvious question would be, why wasn't I told that this would happen and then why would I want to pay a $6/month TV and $9.99/month internet vacation fees to hold my service for the summer. I should be told “Just cancel, save yourself the money, because your service is terminated!” I sent in a complaint letter and received a call back stating"That is the way we run our business!" What did the $15.99/month fee buy me??
- I don't use contour often. In fact I may have used it only once a few months ago, but now I'm unable to use it at all. When I go the website it seems to not be able to detect my flash player, and states I need update to the latest version. Per Adobe's site I have Flash Player 184.108.40.206 (the latest version) I'm using Chrome on a Win 10 pc, so flash player is automatically updated and enabled. None the less I verified this in the settings: "Allow flash player" is on, "Ask first" is off, and I even addedhttps://watchtv.cox.com to the "Allow" list. I also tried using Microsoft Edge and got the same exact error. I have no issues using either browser on YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, and various other streaming websites. I don't have any add blockers enabled. Anyone have any suggestions I haven't tried yet?Solved
- I just started with Cox and purchased the Contour 2 with several boxes, etc. Something I've noticed that I'm not happy with (and unlike every other TV provider I know of) is that there is no capability with the Contour 2 to filter the guide and 'only' see channels I pay for. (even though this is supposedly an option according to your support site - https://www.cox.com/residential/support/applying-a-contour-2-guide-filter.html) Am I missing something in that the option is available but I haven't found it yet? If it's not an option, is there a software update that would provide this? Thanks.
- I asked a questions earlier and apparently I gave to much info regarding the issue because it was replied to and then locked by Moderator, Michaelj. My 'TECHNICAL' question is, (I will underline it, since it was hard to spot in the original post).... Should the Contour service be supported on the Cisco 4742HDC? Since I am being billing for it and billing says that it is a technical issue I figured I would start on this forum before contacting support. I was under the impression this forum was to discuss the most common technical questions with the Cox Community, not just the Cox Moderators, at least that is what the forum home page suggested. Please, do not lock my question. I would like the opportunity to respond to replies if need be. I'd sincerely appreciate it!
two complaints Re: does anyone have the same problems with: 1.) COX's Cable Box Filters and 2.) COX's billing methodsI just upgraded to the new cable boxes that Cox is "providing" it's customers. I didn't need a new cable box, or any kind of service or an upgrade of any type , My cable box and my connection worked perfectly until I got home after a trip to a Cox office. My neighbor (i.e. the person renting the place next to me) wanted to add a cable box along with some sports channels for his room, So I accompanied him to our local "Cox" cable store so we can find what was needed to get his cable set up. I wasn't given a choice just a new connection box to replace my working box along with the mini box as an addition for my neighbors room. to make the experience even more fun I was told I have to make a trip of over 5.5 miles home and another 5.5 miles back to return my working cable box or I'd get billed for it. (When a bicycle is your only means of transportation, over eleven extra miles is not, just around the corner) after a verbal run around for close to an hour at the Cox office I go home to find that my working cable box has been disconnected. I have no choice and change to the new "Better" cable box and after trying about 30 times to connect along with multiple calls to Cox for help I was stuck with my working cable box that was disconnected and a new cable box that won't work. I had to get one of the repair men out to find the problem. close to a week with no service, I'm forced to take another day off work to wait for the cable guy to be sent out to me. The cable repair person and his assistant tried everything they could think of over the span of thirty minutes and although I had a really good connection coming through, the box didn't work and after trying another box I was still getting great service in to the cable but the new boxes didn't accept the connection. The repair person followed the cable out of my place and out to a main distribution box to find that the Cox has a digital filter that didn't let the digital service come through so the old box I had worked but the new "better" box couldn't get through until the filter was removed and the signal was free to come into my place. The repair person told me that because it was Cox who made the error and it had nothing to do with me, my connection, my signal or anything else that I could have control over, I wouldn't be charged for the house call but I'm looking at my account online and I'm seeing a $55.00 charge for something Cox did wrong. does anyone know the number to call or do I go to some higher office to get this charge removed from my bill? if anyone has a solution to this dilemma I could use the help, but that's the second and lesser complaint, if you can believe it Although my neighbor leases "#24-A" and I'm in "#24-C" The computer program at the Cox company only has "#24" and even though I see housing complexes with dozens and a few with over a hundred rooms leased out and paying separately, according to the billing programs the computer system I didn't have a choice in adding a person I barely know and his cable charges to my account that has never been late on a bill and has had perfect early payments for over 20 years. Now because of the way COX has it's payment computer programs, the only way my neighbor could get anything for his room was by adding it to my account. because we have the same address. The place is rented and the leases are signed separately as "A" through "D" but the computer program used by Cox only has the address and not the lettering dividing the lease holders or actual mailing addresses so according to the people working in the Archer store in Gainesville, Florida I don't have a choice and have to add him on to my account and what happens if he decides NOT to pay his bill and it's all under my name? I'm 100% sure that Cox is not going to say: "It's OK, we're not going to make you pay for his bills it's all under your name and he doesn't have to sign anything to show it's him that's going to be held responsible but we wont charge you for his share of the bill". if there is a person I can talk to or write to that has the power to change the program used to bill people who would it be and where can this person be found because this computer program has to be upgraded or changed to hold each person responsible for their own bills.
- Several of my channels give me error codes and haven't worked since I've had the service. Some of them work every now and then but rarely. A few months ago my Cox on demand function stopped working altogether won't even open the main screen. I've had a service technician come out about the random channels not working but was unable to figure out the problem.The technician had mentioned something about a possible filter on the box outside but couldn't get to it due to a tree? When the On Demand issue started i dealt with customer service over the phone for sometimes hours and brought me through tier 1, 2, and 3 of problems with still no resolution. Tired of paying full price for half the service. Any help would be appreciated.
- I recently had cox cable installed, I was ready surprised when I saw thecable boxes they installed. They were the ugliest boxes I have ever seen but I honestly could get past the ugly and very old look of the boxes. The problem is that they reboot all the time, some channels never work and channels I don't have appear on my channel list making it confusing to find out which channels I can look at. I have the Scientific Atlanta CSH824H. I've seen that many people have issues with these boxes, I was just wondering if cox does not have any other more updated box? When I log into my account above the model of my cable box appears another box image which is apparently the Cisco 8742HDC. Can Cox provide that box? Scientific Atlanta - CSH824HSolved
- After having my original dvr keep showing error dui, Cox sent a tech out to check the issue.. Tech stated that the signal to and inside residence was "great"... Advised me to swap out the box to a newer model... I upgraded to the Contour service not the whole servicehouse just the one TV... Since the "upgrade I have been getting errors 220.127.116.11, and 18.104.22.168 ... The tech stated that they have no idea what goes on in the dvr, but still advised the swap for a new box.. If these errors stem from the CISCO recall from way back in February why hasn't Cox removed all" defectivedrv's " from service???? As a long time Cox customer since the 70's this is the most trouble I have had with Cox equipment...