Forum Discussion

Lets_NOT_Chat
New Contributor II
12 months ago

Cox Complete Care scam?

I used the Chat service on 3/22 to revise my TV & Internet service. I had the whole transcript of this chat emailed to me after the chat. The representative I chatted with was "Gio S.", I was able to make the changes I wanted and we ended the chat.

I was surprised to discover a week later that "Gio" had added Cox Complete Care (CCC) Premium service to my account without telling me - I NEVER asked for it and I NEVER approved it. The Chat transcript proves we never talked about it.

I called Cox to speak with a live person to have this removed, and I was told that they cannot cancel it or else I will be charged a $75 cancellation fee for cancelling within 2 months!! Even though this was added fraudulently by the Chat representative, Cox cannot simply remove it!! The representative on the phone was very kind and understood my complaint. A $20 credit was added to my account to pay for 2 months of CCC service, but I have to remember to call back in June to cancel this service that I NEVER asked for and NEVER approved. This smells like a scam. It's ridiculous! 

If customers get billing statements electronically, I highly recommend reviewing them, especially after making changes, to catch any such mistakes.

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

So IF you had a Technician come to your home, the CCC would cover that cost. IF there was no Cox technician, and/or the person you spoke with in chat was a cox rep, and not a CCC agent, then have them remove the CCC. IF they transferred you to someone in CCC somehow, then again, 75$ if cancelled in the first 3 months. Again, no tech to your home, no software issues on your devices, or personal routers, then CCC should not have been added, and there would not be a 75$ fee. 

Lets_NOT_Chat
      New Contributor II

You do not seem to understand my post. Here are the facts:

1. I understand what CCC service is and what it covers. That information is irrelevant.
      2. I never requested CCC service coverage and I never approved it to be added to my account. 
      3. No Cox technician has visited my home. I do not have nor did I complain about any software or device or service issues that would need a Cox technician,
      4. I called Cox and spoke to a Cox agent a week after CCC was fraudulently added to my account by the Cox chat agent on 3/22.
      5. The Cox agent I spoke with said he could not remove CCC from my account without triggering a $75 cancellation charge. The Cox agent said all he could do was add a credit to my account to cover the charges for CCC coverage until June when I could again ask Cox to remove CCC coverage and avoid the $75 cancellation charge. But it is MY responsibility to remember to call back in June to make this request.

THAT is a SCAM

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Of course it's a scam.  Most of the problem are attributed to the Cox network so you'll pay $10 a month for problems outside your home.

I'd contact the Consumer Protection Office for you state to help recoup your loss.

www.usa.gov/state-consumer

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III
    If customers get billing statements electronically, I highly recommend reviewing them, especially after making changes, to catch any such mistakes.

I agree.  I called in 2019 and the scammer added Directory Listing - Non Published to my bill at $2.29 a month.

At least Cox reimbursed you.  The rep I spoke with insisted I had requested it.  I have a call blocker and haven't seen a phone book in 10 years.  Why would I need to not publish my phone number?