- I used the Chat service on 3/22 to revise my TV & Internet service. I had the whole transcript of this chat emailed to me after the chat. The representative I chatted with was "Gio S.", I was able to make the changes I wanted and we ended the chat. I was surprised to discover a week later that "Gio" had added Cox Complete Care (CCC) Premium service to my account without telling me - I NEVER asked for it and I NEVER approved it. The Chat transcript proves we never talked about it. I called Cox to speak with a live person to have this removed, and I was told that they cannot cancel it or else I will be charged a $75 cancellation fee for cancelling within 2 months!! Even though this was added fraudulently by the Chat representative, Cox cannot simply remove it!! The representative on the phone was very kind and understood my complaint. A$20 credit was added to my account to pay for 2 months of CCC service, but I have to remember to call back in June to cancel this service that I NEVER asked for and NEVER approved. This smells like a scam. It's ridiculous! If customers get billing statements electronically, I highly recommend reviewing them, especially after making changes, to catch any such mistakes.
Audio cuts in/out 2 secs on 2secs off continually on channel 81 (Heroes & Icons). This ** and so does Cox fake chat help.On Channel 81-Heroes and Icons network the audio continually cuts in and out, about 2 second on 2 seconds off. This continues for as long as I am tuned to that channel. It is not an intermittent problem. What ** even more is that there is no way to email Cox about this. Their so-calle chat help is nothing more than a bot with a bunch of canned responses to issues which have no relevance to this matter.
- I have tried everything to resolve this matter from getting a new box to unplugging everything and replug, and everything back in to make sure the connections were good and nothing takes away this code. Cox tells me that I need to have a technician come out which will cost me $75 which I refuse to pay, after reading this for him and seeing I'm not the only person that is getting this error message. I know that this cannot be something to do with my equipment or the way that it is installed so I'm really not too sure what having a technician coming to my home to try to fix it will accomplish the error code clearly clearly states that this is a problem on our end yet when I called to talk to technical support they act as if they have no idea what that code means after 10 different resets. Still nothing is working I tried to flip to different channels, and I continue to get this code on channels, such as the ID channel MTV all of the channels that I pay for in my package this is unacceptable customer support when you tell someone that they have to pay to fix their problem. Has anyone had any luck getting this resolved? I am at my wits end.
- Why am I paying over $200 for tv and internet when I have constant issues? I have had multiple techs come out. I have replaced my equipment, the techs have replaced lines from the pole to the house and inside the house. Paying premium price for substandard service then having the bill go up and getting worse service. What is the excuse? The app constantly says everything is fine but when a movie stops and the cable box restarts 4 times in 30 minutes or the internet just stops how exactly os everything fine?
- I cancelled within their timeframe, got a case #, and still I get billing every month. This leads to CS phone calls and a (manual) statement credit, but WHY can't they just cancel the subscription? Multiple tickets submitted as CS Reps to corporate, but no action...
- This will be a major rant. We moved into our new house 2 years agon and since then nothing but issues with Contour's so called DVR. At the time we signed up for it nobody said anything about it being a cloud DVR (guess I should have researched it more). We came over from Directv because att was a major pain to deal with on billing but it seems Cox has followed in their footsteps. My issues are as follows. 1. Recordings are cut short and not by just a minute or 2 but a 1 hour show records 5 secs, a few minutes and then just stops recording. 2. Trying to rewind or fast forward a show at least 50% of the time results in delay and the screen appears to freeze and then the message that says there was an issue on our end or restart the box and tighten the connections on the box and at the wall. This is a major load of ** from COX which is nothing more than an excuse for old, outdated and crappy equipment. 3. Also whenever the internet goes down we cannot watch anything since the so called dvr is in the cloud and not a physical drive so there in lies another issue. In my opinion if I wanted to stream everything which in case you did not realize it yet is exactly what you are doing, the contour box is nothing more than a large oversized Amazon Firestick, Roku Box or any of many streaming devices. Oh and the picture quality on my 4k tv ** since I just discovered COXis downgrading the video to 720. 4. If I call in or chat with someone the first thing they say is we need to restart your box and if I hear that again I will explode and at this moment I am about to throw COX in the garbage and go somewhere else where at least I will get the same crappy billing issues and most likely service as well and by the way I do not like Century Link for internet because of the issues we had when they were qwest. End of rant
Music Choice screen shots are too bright! How can I listen for relaxation when screen photos have such harsh light. Is there a way to make screen darker while listening?Who do i talk to about changing their screen shots to a nighttime listening mode? Is there a way to control it myself ?
- I called cox yesterday afternoon because my cable and phone service just came off of a seasonal hold. When i saw that my bill had jumped from $240 to $386 i had enough. I called to cancel the cable and phone service and was going to keep the internet; i stream everything online anyway . The customer support person talked so fast, on top of the fact that i have hearing issues, i could barley understand him and he kept putting me on hold. So; Instead of doing what i had asked to begin with and cancel the phone,which i don't even use anyway, and cable which i don't watch. He put me on hold again and placed both services on another 9 month hold. Come November it they will have been on hold for 18 months and i will be charged for the hold on both services every month. Then when he came back he acted like there was nothing he could do about it because it was already put on the seasonal hold. #1 i said clearly that i couldn't afford $386 because i am on a fixed income. Now when it comes off of seasonal hold again it will probably be even higher. Even if it isn't i still CAN NOT afford that much. I have more priority bills to deal with. #2 Cox reps need to slow down and allow THE CUSTOMERS to talk and what they are politely asking them to do. I do not appreciate being strong armed into keeping something that I AM NOT going to use! I don't know if they are trained to do things this way or what but that is wrong. #3 There needs to be a way that we can manage (cancel,Change) our services through out online accounts. I don't mind paying for cox services because they still beat most other competitors but they need more reasonable prices. Stop the high pressure sales. I would consider keeping the cable and Internet if they worked with me on the price but i still want to cancel the house phone. I don't even have a physical house phone. Everyone i know uses my cell (Text) and email because of the hearing issues i have. So what exaly is cox going to do about this?
- I'm a new Cox customer but, to be honest, the quality of service I've received from support so far has been abysmal. I tried asking a question about my bill last week and the non-answer I received was "that's just the way the bill is"....hardly an answer. Thankfully, a co-worker who USED to work for Cox was able to provide an answer, which leads us to today: I had asked my wife to call Cox today to find out why we're having so many issues with laggy response from DVR content and issues with audio cutting out, etc. She did as I asked, but then was told "we've sent you a text message" and her attempt to receive help over the phone was routed to an off-shore representative responding via Text message. The representative was of zero help and ultimately just dispatched a technician. My question is WHY was this phonecall routed to text message AT ALL? We're technically savvy people and generally can recognize whether text is an efficient way to resolve an issue....technical issues like this are NOT efficiently handled via text message and Cox forcing the call to a text message environment only leads to a already frustrated customer becoming significantly more frustrated. If this is the quality of service we can expect from Cox moving forward, please let me know now....I'm sure your competitors would be happy to have us!
- I was promised the Gold Triple Bundle Package promotion with 250 channels, all premium channels like HBO, Starz, Sports, Cox Sports, Movie package, On Demand, Cinemax, Music, Variety pack, Free HD, Contour 2 Voice remote control, Super fast gaming internet for multi devices, stream videos, Program recording device, Unlimited nationwide calling in the U.S., Mexico and Canada with all calling features and free device and free self installment, included Tax and all devices for the price he quote me and currently being charged as now. However, I'm not receiving the Gold Triple Bundle, with all the services and devices I was promised at that price. I was put on a inaccurate plan bundle, with no recording device, no contour 2 remote control, no phone service and 140 channels which are mostly local and Spanish channels. I made several calls to your customer service and loyalty department they were happy to provide no solution that honor the prior agreement. Unsatisfied with the lack of customer support from the staff members who helped me; I'm still hoping for a solution. I will like a supervisor contact information or to be contact directly.