Forum Discussion

Bvalerio
New Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Changing cable box

I recently had cox cable installed, I was ready surprised when I saw the cable boxes they installed. They were the ugliest boxes I have ever seen but I honestly could get past the ugly and very old look of the boxes. The problem is that they reboot all the time, some channels never work and channels I don't have appear on my channel list making it confusing to find out which channels I can look at. I have the Scientific Atlanta CSH824H. I've seen that many people have issues with these boxes, I was just wondering if cox does not have any other more updated box? When I log into my account above the model of my cable box appears another box image which is apparently the  Cisco 8742HDC. Can Cox provide that box? 

Scientific Atlanta - CSH824H

• I would exchange the box because of its constant reboots.  Do you have a Cox Service Center near you?  There should be a link to the right to Find Your Nearest Service Center.

No matter the box you get, I don't believe there's an option to remove the channels you don't have from your program guide.  Cox wouldn't be able to tempt you if you don't see more available channels.

Here's a list of all cable boxes:  http://www.cox.com/residential/support/tv/article.cox?articleId=f6644920-8b56-11df-6baf-000000000000  However, I don't see the Cisco 8742HDC.  Either that box is out-of-date or the web page is out-of-date.

Before you exchange your box, you have to determine what you want, such as a basic HD receiver, Contour or DVR service.  If you're unsure, the rep will sell you all the bells and whistles.

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion