This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

It is very random, but my panoramic modem/router will just drop internet connection. This started about 3 months after I started service with Cox. It may happen 5-10 times in a row, or not at all for days. It is very frustrating as I use my computer for work, I've contacted the cox office near me and they show that my modem will randomly disconnect, but they have no clue as to why. When I had my internet set up, the tech had to run all new wiring to my apartment, from the street so I know that the wiring isn't bad. The coax cable seems to be in good condition as well, with no obstructions in the connector. 

Parents
No Data
  • I've been seeing the same thing recently.  Some days are good, others really bad where I have internet connectivity one minute and the next it is gone. I see occasional tears and freezes watching TV through my cable box, too. My work computer will "ding" every time the VPN reconnects and it was doing it all day yesterday.. I've restarted the cable modem and router several times.

My main cable line comes into a splitter when it enters the house with one side going to the modem and mini-boxes and the other through an amp to the big cable boxes - exactly as the Cox tech set it up when it was installed.

Children