Forum Discussion

PJL1520
New Contributor II
7 months ago

Tuning Adapter (High-Split) Converter Problem

I have a TV ROAMIO that has been used without problems with a tuning adapter for 9 years.  

A few months ago I was sent a new High Split Converter (HSC-1-H) and I installed it and it worked without issue for 2 months.

At 2 am a week ago, I could not receive any channels.

When I unplugged the HSC tuning adapter - everything returned to normal.

I replaced the Cable Card - no effect

A COX tech spent 2 hours in my house and was unable to find the problem.    He verified that all my wiring, splitters, and signals to the unit were fine.     He replaced all the cable and splitters.

I replaced with TIVO with a new ROAMIO - No change -  Nothing will work once I plug in the Tuning Adapter.

COX sent me a new Tuning Adapter (HSC) and everything worked for about 24 hours - then, once again at 2 am - the problem returned.   No channels unless I unplug the tuning adapter.   

I have changed all the USB cables, twice, changed every component in the system, twice, and watched the COX tech work on the problem for 2 hours - Nothing.  

I have an open support ticket, but no one ever updates the status.   

Any suggestions?   Firmware updates?

42 Replies

bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

No resolution yet,
    Cox is blaming a TiVo SW Update...
    Strange, I'm still running the old TiVo Quattro SW (Experience 3) that hasnt been updated in years.
    So....No... A TiVo SW Update is NOT causing this. Period.

bryaninphx
      Valued Contributor

I am supposedly getting a Firware Update to my Vecima TAs tomorrow, Friday Nov 10th.
      Just me and a few others are going to be the Beta testers.
      We'll see. No NDA was mentoned so I'll post here if it happens.

LongTime_TIVO_U
        Contributor

That is great news.  Cox is moving at light speed compared with the problems on the Cisco Tuning Adaptors.

Keep us posted if you can.

Thanks.

bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

I plugged in a Tuning Adapter today, Just to see if it was working yet. 
    No, it isn't 

Actually, my Cox Internet was down all day, from 7am until 6pm
    That is becoming the norm for me. It is down almost everyday for minutes to 12 hours.
    I'm switching to either Verizon 5G or T-Mobile, These issues (I've been told by a Cox DOCSIS Engineer) will not be fixed until next July 2024, when Cox is going to split my node.

Very SAD, Very POOR service, Cox Corporate does not give a S#IT...

LisaH

Hi Bryaninphx.  I understand the importance of having reliable service and I am sorry that you continue to have an issues with your service. If I can be of any help, please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

bryaninphx
        Valued Contributor

I just texted Luke (one of the DOCSIS Eng in Phoenix) to have someone bring me two (2) of the old Cisco TAs.

Would you follow up on this. I expect someone to deliver them in the next few days. If not I'm cancelling all my Cox services.

Thank you, Bryan 

bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

From Julian,

This issue has already been escalated to our field team for a resolution. The manager who oversees the operations for our plant maintenance in your area reached out yesterday evening to our office and explained they are aware and were still investigating.

Cox also has a major problem with my node. So I have a lot of issues going on. But my node issue is not the problem with my Tuning Adapters.

Hope this helps. Bryan 

PJL1520
      New Contributor II

OK.....I will wait for someone to contact me.   

bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

Cox is aware of the problem, and it has been elevated to the highest priority.
    Call 877-820-8202, Ask for Ashley in Wichita KS, she's aware of the situation.

Also make contact with Julian in the West Regional Executive Resolutions office. He is also aware of the issue. 

[Moderator edit: Please email Cox.Help@cox.com for assistance with this issue.]
    How dare you modify the email address that was helpful to me. You ordinary Cox moderators dont have a clue how to get the message to the right people.

PJL1520
      New Contributor II

Do you know what hours Ashley will be available?

bryaninphx
        Valued Contributor

She works from home. I believe she said until 7pm her time.

• Hello PJL1520,

We would be happy to investigate this issue and get an update on your support ticket. Please email our team at Cox.Help@cox.com. Be sure to include your full name, complete address, and this post.

Maria 

Cox Support Forum Moderator