Forum Discussion

goody
New Contributor
5 years ago

How do I get Free Starz with Contour Self install

So I recently needed to upgrade my DVR to contour.   The flyer in the mail stated that they would send someone out for free to install the box for me, OR I could self-install and get the channel STARZ for free for a certain period of time.   Well, I set up the new box and never heard how to start the STARZ subscription.  I have both emailed Cox and spoken to them over the phone and they have no idea what I'm talking about!   Of course I tossed the flyer a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not sure it had extra information.  If you search on this forum there are others in my position but the threads have been inactivated.   Anyone have any idea how I activate STARZ?

• I did a self install on 2 DVR boxes.  Did get an email, probably tossed out by now.  I ended calling the Subscription desk where they add programs to your account.  I have STARZ for a year after which I will be charged, maybe $10.  Was told that there will be no notification when charges start so it's up to me to watch my online account, especially if I don't want it.  I had the package of 4 major programs that I canceled to reduce my costs.  I have not regularly watched, but it's nice to get something free.

goody
      New Contributor

thanks!   I actually did select the option for "Adding Services".   They couldn't help so they sent me to another department who also couldn't help me.  Very frustrating.

• It seems like I may have selected the STARZ button on the email, but for some reason had to call because I did not see or was able to pick any stations on my TV.  You may try doing a search of STARZ while in you email and look for the email, or look in your trash folder if it got deleted.  Not sure how long an elapsed time they gave the free service....mine was around June, and I did it within a month of attaching my 2 Contour DVR's.  My self install was basically remove the old, plug the new and return the boxes to Cox.  Since I had 2, I think I got 2 emails....

goody
      New Contributor

thanks again for your help - nothing in my email. I installed it about 3-4 weeks ago and my emails go back months.  I know I would have noticed.  Really not a huge deal - just stinks when you are told you are going to get it and three different people from Cox don't know what you are talking about.  Who knows, maybe the deal was very time sensitive.

goody
      New Contributor

wait i did find it.   going to send to them!

ekhawaii
        Contributor

So, you found the paper mailing...send it in, make a copy first or take a pic on your cell.  Maybe you will get lucky and get a response back or even an email with the promotion offer, or even a COX rep responding on this thread whether promotion is still in effect....for every one else in the same boat.

• Congratz...Starz is on 1281-1289 for me.  There is also a ONDemand for Starz stored shows.  Have fun, and nice chatting w you

goody
      New Contributor

oh cool, didn't know about the on demand.  thanks for all your help!

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @goody

Glad we were able to resolved that issue please let us know if you have further concerns.

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator