Forum Discussion

Student
New Contributor III
3 days ago

DIY install kit--do I need it?

I got Cox Contour service for a new TV I'm expecting, a Samsung S95D. I already have internet service. They shipped me a DIY install kit, which contains two boxes, and it doesn't look like I need either of them. One is a small box that says it connects to the cable coax on the wall, and then to the TV. I'm looking for wireless connections here, and so I don't have or want any cable connection on the wall. The other appears to be a WiFi receiver that connects to the TV with an HDMI cable. But my understanding is that the TV can do that by itself. So my question is, do I need these boxes? In fact, do I need any boxes? I have signed up for DVR service, I can see where that might require a separate box. 

They sent a scan code which they said would take me right to instructions for the installation, but all it does is start up the Cox app on my phone. What's more, I'm not getting the forum email verification message, so I'm asking this question on another account.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out to the Cox Forums members for advice. Providing some additional information will help our forum members assist you, What is the model name/number for the equipment that you received? Thank you, 

Student
    New Contributor III
    1. Contour 2 TV Client C2XIDHDCLIENT
    2. Contour Stream Player Wireless 4K C2XI6WLCLIENT

I might mention there was a $75 deposit on this equipment, which had to be paid IN ADVANCE even though I am a customer of long standing who is enrolled in Autopay. 

MichaelJ

Thank you for the additional information. It will help our forum members assist you. If you wish to reach out to us directly for assistance please feel free to contact us via Facebook or X (formerly Twitter, CoxHelp). Tech support is available through our Live Online Chat: https://www.cox.com/residential/contactus.html  or by toll-free number: 1-800-234-3993, 24/7. Thank you, 

Student
        New Contributor III

Thanks, I don't use Facebook or Twitter (temporarily X). But I'll keep it in mind. I expect the knowledgeable users here to provide useful information.