Forum Discussion

kempsonfamily
New Contributor II
5 years ago
Solved

MoCA installation

Hi all.  I'm a brand new cox subscriber and have purchased the gigabit connection using the COX Panoramic modem/router (Technicolor CGM 4141).  Which i believe is compatible with MoCA.

The cable connection comes straight into the front room of the house directly into the modem/router.  the cable is not split and distributed to any other rooms currently.  

I'd like to deliver a connection to two other rooms using existing cable and MoCA.  So here is my current plan.  Please let me know if I have this right.  

Step 1.  Using a standards compliant splitter, connect the service feed prior to the modem connection and distribute it to the two other rooms.  

Step 2.  Using Moca 2.0 adapters, connect the RG6 cable to covert into a standard ethernet signal.

Step 3.  Connect my PC to the Moca Adapter using RJ45 cat5 cable.  

Would appreciate any insights or recommendations.

Thanks!

• Never received a reply on this....but

If any one is interested, the MoCA network worked fine.  It's disabled by default so you need to configure the router settings to enable it.  Once that's done, just connect the MoCA adapters to the same physical RG6 network and you are in business.  

I used the Kiwee Broadband Bonded MoCA 2.0 Ethernet to Coax Adapters.  Really happy with the results.  

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    kempsonfamily
    New Contributor II

Never received a reply on this....but

If any one is interested, the MoCA network worked fine.  It's disabled by default so you need to configure the router settings to enable it.  Once that's done, just connect the MoCA adapters to the same physical RG6 network and you are in business.  

I used the Kiwee Broadband Bonded MoCA 2.0 Ethernet to Coax Adapters.  Really happy with the results.