Forum Discussion

Duran_Duran
New Contributor III
5 years ago
Solved

Data Light Yellow

Data light on my Contour Box is a steady yellow, beginning yesterday. I reset it and it went off.Today when I turned it on it was back to yellow. This is reported on DSL Reports as well. What gives?

www.dslreports.com/.../r32531197-Am-I-senile

• I have had the same issue for almost a week.  I have tried everything in this thread without any luck over the last week.  My assumption is that Cox is causing this issue if so many people are experiencing the same issue over the last week.

• Same issue here in Chandler, AZ.  The light came on yesterday and disappeared by daybreak only to return later this evening. I checked for new notifications and I had none. Going to use a black marker to cover the bulb....it's an easier fix then waiting for someone in IT to come up with a fix. 😜

KevinM2
    5 years ago
    Hello, I apologize for the delayed response. As of 11/01/19, this has been escalated to our Engineering Team, and this issue is being tracked and closely monitored. In addition, we are still monitoring this issue here in Social Media. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work through this. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • @KAM82  My guess is you didn't read this entire thread before you posted.  I suspect that pesky yellow data light will be back on tomorrow. 

95 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Joe_L
    New Contributor

I reset and then reboot. Light is off. I will check again tomorrow. 

Sooner_Al
      New Contributor III

Same here in the Norman, OK area. Reset then rebooted and yellow light went away. 

wysiwygshelby
        New Contributor

I am in Norman , OK also.  I finally called tech support last night.  My boxes were very sluggish and one had the yellow light but the other didn't.  I have two Contour boxes.  She reset them and had them download a software update.  BINGO.  Yes, the software was different.  I noticed as I was watching recorded programs.  The interface is much more updated.  I asked about the amber light too.  Got the same story about not to worry about it.  We also had to reprogram the remotes for each box.  They boxes were much more responsive than they had been.  I think my boxes were struggling with the update until Cox tech support forced it.  Oh, amber light was back this morning but all else is good!

SWLinPHX
    New Contributor

Same issue here.  Amber light steady (even after clearing notifications) and sluggish remote response sometimes.

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      @SWLinPHX, I am currently having this case escalated now, and an associate should be reaching out to you within 24-72 business hours. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        marcus4792
        New Contributor II

Could you add me to the list to be contacted? Having the same issue.

daxgregory
    New Contributor III

I too (since last nigh) are experiencing the constant on yellow light on my contour box.  I have had this box (plus two clients) for over a month now, and I have never seen this yellow light come on.  I have never (Before last evening) seen the light come on even if we are watching Netflix or Amazon Prime content which both use our Cox data.  What is going on and what is being done to fix/turn off the yellow light?  Please advise.  By the way, I am located in the greater Las Vegas Valley, Nevada.  Thank you, Larry

Becky
      Hi Daxgregory, are you experiencing any problems or issues with the Guide, DVR, or apps? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        daxgregory
        New Contributor III

No I am not.  I have had this new contour box for more than a month to replace the old model host/DVR box.  This is the first time in the month+ I have had the Contour box that the Yellow Light has come on and stays on.  Help!  Is this the new normal or is this a new software/firmware box issue?

gel85
    New Contributor

Same here just started a month ago.  Cox support has no clue.  You reset the box it goes away and if you box goes to sleep on start up the light comes back

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      @Gel85, I have escalated this case to be reviewed by our Video Escalations Team. When we receive additional information, we will follow up with you. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    DWillPHX
    New Contributor

You can just the turn the light off. Go to SETTINGS - DEVICE SETTINGS - DEVICE LIGHTS and you can turn the lights off 

(I too have had the data light stay on the last week and find it slightly irritating)

DWillPHX
    New Contributor

You can just the turn the light off. Go to SETTINGS - DEVICE SETTINGS - DEVICE LIGHTS and you can turn the lights off 

(I too have had the data light stay on the last week and find it slightly irritating)

Since2000
      New Contributor II

Isn't that like putting a post-it over your check engine light? Cox need to fix this! Pointless having a tech out,as they just blame loose connections reset the box and leave, same as they always do.

daxgregory
      New Contributor III

Hi Cee Robison,  Some of us having already changed panel light brightness to get the same result, however in 24-48 hours after the change was made the yellow data light returned.  Can you please let us know if your fix to make the yellow light go away is sustained over time?  

Thanks, Larry

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hello, I apologize for the delayed response. As of 11/01/19, this has been escalated to our Engineering Team, and this issue is being tracked and closely monitored. In addition, we are still monitoring this issue here in Social Media. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work through this. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    ScottPro
    New Contributor

My yellow light was on too. I was able to turn it off by going to “Settings/Device Settings/Device Lights/Power Light Brightness” and selecting the option and the light turned off. See if it stays off tomorrow.

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

@ScottPro Forum user daxgregory identified and reported in this thread that when lights are turned off completely in settings, the red record light is also off during recording.  There will be nothing on the front of the DVR to indicate when something is being recorded.  He also reported that the yellow light comes back on in 24-48 hours after changing panel light brightness.

KAM82
    New Contributor

i fixed mine with following steps.. a) Press ‘CONTOUR’ button on remote control, then press gear box icon on far right. b) Pick ‘Device Settings’, then pick ‘Device Lights’.  c) Pick ‘Power Light Brightness’ and switch to “Off” option so the lights go off.  Then change it back to option 1 or 2 or 3 (per your desire).  That’s it.  Pesky yellow data light should be off now!

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

@KAM82  My guess is you didn't read this entire thread before you posted.  I suspect that pesky yellow data light will be back on tomorrow. 

marv6
        New Contributor II

I do what KAM82 does and it does go out.  two days ago I tried turning the power saver to off and when I turned the TV on yesterday the yellow light did not come on.  So, I turned the power saver back on last night and unfortunately today the yellow light came back on when I turned the box back on.  Perhaps it may have something to do with using the Device Settings, Power Preferences, Power Saver?  It used to give me options on how soon to power down, one, two, or three hours, etc.  Now I only get the on or off option.  No problems with the yellow data light until November 1 of this year.

farkj
    New Contributor

I have the same issue and it will not go away

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Farkj@aol.com

This light is displayed during any transfer of information to or from the box. There is no issue or fault for the receiver, we are aware of the change to the receiver, and as we continue to develop our products, changes to the display may occur from time to time.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator