Forum Discussion

hollyd_
New Contributor
24 days ago

Blinking Yellow & Green Light

When we first got this wifi modem and tried to hook it up ourselves it didn’t work. So then we had to pay $75 for a technician to come out when we obviously tried to do it on our own! These crappy modems you guys provide aren’t built to set up on your own! I have now had this wifi for two weeks, not even an entire month and it keeps going out! One minute it’s flashing a yellow light and then 5-10 minutes later it’s flashing a green light! Customer service is horrible because all they do is troubleshoot and if that doesn’t work, a technician has to come out and now we have to pay another $75. So this is strike #2, if another issue arises we will definitely be getting a different WiFi provider because this is absolutely the worse experience we have ever had with WiFi!

3 Replies

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

If you have paid to have a technician come out and convert you from a self install to a pro install, then call Cox, and request a technician to come back out, as long as you are within the first 30 days, it's at no cost. 

What you have described is a modem losing sync, cause be a signal issue. Since you had a tech out, they didn't complete what needed to be done to fix your issues. It's not a SETUP issue, it's a signal issue. 

Again, if you are within 30 days of a pro install, the tech that comes back out is at no cost. 

• I've been having the exact same issue. For the last 3 days my modem is stuck in a reboot loop for hours at a time. So far it's cleared itself out and was ok by early afternoon. Today it's 1140am and it's still stuck. 

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

If your modem is not synced, and you have verified all cable connections, swapped the cable wire, replaced any splitters, and still nothing, you probably require a trouble call, call cox, and set one up.