Forum Discussion

hudhacks
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Paying for tech to investigate Intermittent Service disruption (i.e. timeouts) in 85255

I gave in to pay for a data tech,  since there was a timeout this morning first day of school; not good!

Tech is scheduled for morning on Thursday 13th, so I'll post results for those interested. Stay tuned

My issues as others are noted in this post Inconsistent Service Disruptions (i.e. T3,T11,T4) - since July service work

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    hudhacks
    New Contributor II

No issues since the data tech replaced a connector between line from pedestal and house coax line.

The tech arrived yesterday morning around 8:30AM, checked for noise on the line at my streets pedestal that happens to be near my yard so I watched, I was told slight noise nothing significant. Then he tested coax line going into the home, all seemed  good, though replaced the connector in picture below since it was dirty with some particles in the intake areas.

I just checked no timeouts since the Tech completed, not a small hiccup! So not sure if the adapter was the cause, though it could be. I would recommend to others see about replacing that part first , before getting a tech out ; I paid US govt price for a $100 for a $2.00 item.

Additionally, the tech checked notes for work done in July, notes stated "network upgrade".

Dave9
      Contributor III

Did they charge you $100 for the service call? Was that considered customer equipment even though it was in the pedestal?

Viole
    New Contributor III

I also scheduled a tech to come on Thursday the 13th. I'll post my results here as well. My location is 92071 though instead. 

Viole
      New Contributor III

So my tech scheduled for maintenance to come and check on the lines outside my neighborhood. He was getting 17% packet loss when he was checking on it from the tap which is the problem. So now I am waiting for maintenance to fix the problem. 

yak
    Contributor III

Please keep us updated.  My understanding is the visit from the Service Technician costs $75.  But you only pay if the problem is inside your house.  As soon as the tech arrives, ask about getting paperwork explaining who has to pay (you would be given a copy when he is leaving). One time the technician traced to problem to a wire in my attic. He replaced the wire in the attic on a 100º day.  I was glad to pay him.

Dave9
      Contributor III

I'm pretty confident that the problem isn't inside my house. Everything inside my house is less than 3 months old, and my downstream signals and error counts are just about perfect. The problem is only upstream. I would expect any problem inside my house to affect both upstream and downstream in some way. But if they confirm that the problem is in my house and I have to pay $75 to fix it, oh well. I need this problem fixed.

Dave9
    Contributor III

I've requested a tech visit as well. Multiple T3 timeouts per hour still occurring with 7% average/12% peak packet loss.