- Does anyone in the area of 31204 (or surrounding zip codes) Macon, GA have ZERO internet service due to an “outage”? My service has been off for over a week now and I get nowhere with the chat or the phone reps. They regurgitate a script (ad nauseam) and ask if there’s anything else they can assist me with. Yes, please cancel my service and let me go elsewhere that actually can get their act together long enough for me to receive the service I’m paying for. If you’re in the area, and your internet is down, please reply with any info or timeline that you may have heard.
- I am at a loss here. For the past 2-3 months, I've been having issues with my Panoramic Wifi modem issued by Cox, model CGM4331COM. At least 2-3 times per day, it will restart itself. This has been an everyday occurrence since the issue started. Starts off with losing internet connection to all devices, then the modem will blink yellow, then blink green, then back to solid white. It only takes about 5 minutes to come back online, but the constant daily interruption has become very irritating. Tonight it did something new, which prompted me to create this post; we lost connection and the light turned solid red until I unplugged the power and plugged it back in. We've had at least 5 techs come out to inspect outdoor lines, indoor lines, connection strength, ingress, the works. In the order in which steps have been taken to resolve the issue: A filter was installed on the outdoor connection. We had a pretty badly squirrel-chewed line that was replaced at the pole. There was an outdoor connection leading into our attic that was totally corroded that was replaced. The last tech that came mentioned that he removed a splitter in our attic so that we are directly wired from modem to pole now. In between all of this, we have been advised to replace the modem, and we did (twice). I have tried the online and telephone help options several times. A couple of times, it has restarted itself while I was on the phone or chat with the agent, and their only advice was to restart it? We have had the modem plugged into both a surge protector and directly into an outlet, and it still restarts itself periodically. We have tried plugging it into a different outlet with the same results. It has restarted itself whether it is physically connected to any devices via ethernet or not. All connections are tight and secure. I am not sure how to insert data into a table on here and make it legible, but I will occasionally look at the connection status screen under CM Error Codewords. Unerrored Codewords usually sit in the 50-100 million range. Correctable Codewords sit in the ~100k+ range. Uncorrectable Codewords will sit in the high 10-20k range. If need be, I can try to get better data from that section. Before this gets to be a novel, I'll leave it at this. I believe I have covered most of what has been attempted during the long troubleshooting process, but the last agent I spoke to on the phone happened to mention that none of the previous techs have been documenting their findings, so everyone that helps me at this point will just have to trust that we have tried seemingly everything with no results.
- No one seems to be able to assist. I have tried through the web and the app with resets. I went and bought and picked up new things including their modem, talked to 10 different agents who use the same troubleshooting and telling me to do the same steps I’ve already done. Telling me everything looks fine on their end. What’s funny but not funny about that is, I then received a text from them separately saying there’s an outage in my area. Next was: Cox: Thanks for signing up to receive outage text updates. We're working on it, and expect you to be reconnected by 05:01AM. We'll continue to send updates as they're available. Next was: Cox: The outage in your area is resolved. We'll continue to closely monitor our network. Please let us know if your services are working. Reply "YES" if your service is up and running. Reply "NO" or "Unsure" if you're still having an issue. I say no. Then:We're sorry to see you're having trouble connecting. Please visit https://cox.com/smarthelp to troubleshoot the issue and get back up and running. Then:Cox: Your reset was unsuccessful. Try unplugging the power & plugging it back in. This can take up to 10 min. Then:Cox: It's been 3 days since the outage in your area was resolved, and we're checking to make sure your service is still running smoothly. Reply "YES" if you can connect without issues. Reply "NO" or "Unsure" if you’re still having trouble. I say NO again. Then: We're sorry to see you're having trouble connecting. Please visit https://cox.com/smarthelp to troubleshoot the issue and get back up and running. Now I’m highly annoyed because all these days have passed. I decide to txt AGENT for the 10th and final time. Same troubleshooting steps I already told them I’m tired of doing. Cox: Verify the Coax Cable is Connected into the Cable Port on the Box. Verify Coax Cable is connected to the wall outlet. Ensure all connections between the wall and the equipment are not loose or damaged. Me:I’ve reset, unplugged, plugged back, reset again, unscrewed cords, screwed them back in.It can’t be the modem, router, coax cords, Ethernet cords, power cords, nothing. I got all new stuff yesterday and a new modem from cox 3 days ago.My WiFi worked for 45 minutes today and then gone.I’ve troubleshoot everything, check cords, got a new modem, new router, etc.I’ve been without internet for 5 days.I’ve talked to ten agents.Then I was told there’s an outage in my area AFTER being told there wasn’t Then I’m told-Thank you so much for this confirmation, there are no outages reported in your area at this moment, in this case please allow me to reboot your device in order to clean up your line for any cache or excess of data and check the status of your modem, if the steps we follow don't fix the issue we will schedule a tech visit. 😑 did it, still nope. Next was:Thank you so much for following these steps with me today. I know how important it is for you to get everything working again, it seems like a tech visit needs to be done in order to sort this out for you, the visit would have a $75 potential charge (if the cause of the issue is Cox's responsibility charge won't be applied) I’m like at this point, y’all should’ve came out to the residents affected that are still having troubles because why would they lie 😑😑😑 Anybody else encounter this mess?
- Ping Plotter Blizzard World Of Warcraft East Coast Server IP Ping Plotter Google.com Ping Plotter 18.104.22.168 Ping Plotter Open DNS IP Ping Plotter www.Pingplotter.com I have had a technician come to my house and using his tool says he gets all green lights from my drop out. I have had Blizzard assure me their servers are fine but after taking a look at this ping plotter you can clearly see intermittent packet loss. So at the time the tech tested it was likely fine. Ping Plotter shows results over a ten min test and the random drops are more apparent. This is gigabit speed that is sorta new to my area and I feel like it costs me a lot to have, I am very happy with it. Until I want to game online or stay connected to something. I get enough packet loss/jitter to cause a disconnect. Sometimes its short enough that it corrects in game and I just get a rubberband like effect. sometimes its enough to cause the game to kick me. sometimes it just freezes the game and while i am disconnected from their server i can still walk around but not actually do anything in game. interact with characters, cast spells, etc. I would really love some help with this problem! I have tried so many things ruling things out to come to this point. Even as I type this I keep getting notifications at the top right of this website telling my I have 'successfully reconnected'. I need someone to take a look at these links and help to fix this Anyone else that looks will not be able to see these issues with they way they are testing it. I am not sure what else to do but reach out to the forums as home techs and tech support phone calls don't see this problem and assure me everything is fine. but its not fine. not at all. every web site i try to ping for some time shows the same results. 0 issues from my computer to my router the problem begins on the 1st hop after my router. its not consistent this is why the basic level support technician doesn't see it. I will provide any other info I need. I just want to solve this. so far I have paid for a few months of IMO expensive internet and have been unable to use it for the reason i got it. GAMING.
- We have had regular and extended area-wide outages all summer. At least weekly! They always occur during business hours and last several hours. Both my home and the company I work for have been put out. A $10 bil credit does not recompense the hundreds & thousands of dollars it costs to be without service. We can't answer phones, we can't work online. Employees are being paid to do almost nothing, clients cannot contact us in a timely fashion. It's getting ridiculous!
- For the last year Arkansas cox has been trying to find and fix the Noise in the neigborhood that is causing everyone Disconnects, we get hours or days at a time with little to no internet, for what we pay we should have great speeds and 0 issues but for a over a year now we have had nothing but problems daily and no internet when we need it. Packet loss everyday and tried new better modem and have had pole to house checked and all good. Have had a tech's out on several occasions and always get the same answer " still looking for the noise" Cox is the only internet alloud in our neighborhood. Does anyone have recommendations? Considering getting a hotspot from someone else at this point so i can work or watch tv again, till the new service starts coming into the area in a few months.
- I'm trying to find out if they even offer a reason for the outages anymore because Cox is the only company I can get at my apartment and 90% of the time I can't even use it and they won't tell me why. I'm about to just cancel it and get a better phone plan with a big Hotspot because at least then I'd be able to use it and not pay 200$ a month for nothing. I just want to know if this will ever stop. It's literally every other day it goes down for almost the entire day and they're a monopoly in my area so I can't get AT&T or anything else. This is ridiculous. I want answers. (Tulsa, OK zip code 74146)
Tech support "Live Agents" are just AI sales bots that offer 2 solutions, upgrade your service or an invasive costly tech visit. Is anyone else tired of this scam and about to switch to modern G5 and escape this old coax wire web of deception?"Live Agents" are AI sales bots that sell services and dont provide solutions
- I have an issue where when doing larger upload (presenting my screen and cam video) that within 10-20 minutes I'll lose my entire internet connection. It only seems to happen on those type of upload situations and haven't had the issue happen when doing large downloads. I updated my router firmware but also wanted to figure out how to diagnose if it's perhaps an issue with my modem or Cox service provider. I have accessed the ARRIS modem page and see Hardware version of 6 and Software version of AB01.02.053.05_051921_193.0A.NSH. But I have no idea if that's good or bad. That date may be May of 2021? Reading online it seems that I should not be updating firmware, rather Cox should. But Cox online tech support was bad, I mean really bad, they had no idea what I was asking about what version they are pushing to my modem (she was trying to sell me a different modem). I'd like to understand what I can look for in event log in modem to determine if this is a modem issue or what. And if anyone knows the right questions to ask or number to call for lower level tech support from Cox who can answer these types of questions.
- My internet has been going in and out for the past week. So they sent a tech out (didn’t mention a fee) and he advised to get a letter from the apartment office to rewire my apartment. Should have told me before he came out. The tech did not fix the issue. My service keeps dropping. Every night there is an outage in my area. Cox doesn’t want to take to blame so they don’t have to pay or reimburse my service that have been spotty at best. Terrible customer service. The signal is bad cause cox needs to rewire all the apartments. Old wiring outdated connections. Fix issue. Terrible customer service to keep dealing with same issue. Fix the problem!!!