Forum Discussion

Campmaster
New Contributor III
2 years ago

New Improved Cox Webmail - "NOT"!

Cox took something that was not a problem and made it into a problem. Cox managed to have just four emails appear in the Cox Email inbox. HUGE space at top of window is just blank. The COX Blue banner is HUGE sucking up more space. There are no cursors to move boundaries, no recourse except to shrunk fonts to size 000, go get a magnifying glass to put more email on the screen. 

Any tech help here? 

curtis27
    New Contributor

I would like to see their Tech support explain this. I will be reaching out to the state corporate commission. not only have i paid for the premium high speed internet and not received the promised performance, but like all big corporations, they are implementing totally screwed up soft ware and are incompetent at the highest levels. CORPORATE GREED.

EXPLIAN TO ME WHY I GET THIS ERROR WHEN I TRY TO LOG IN WITH MY MAC!

"CONNECTION ERROR"

"Service is not available right now."

I tried to attache a screen shot, but they obviously do not wish to be held accountable or see what the real errors are....its like they sold out to chinese.... so tired of treachery.

Darkatt
      Honored Contributor

Clear your cache files and cookies, and then try to go manually to 

https://Myemail.cox.net

I tested it on my mac with Safari and Opera. Both worked fine, and I am on the new webmail. 

Additionally, They don't charge you for webmail, HOW can corporate greed even figure into this picture?

If you are talking about Internet speeds, what modem are you using and have you tested your speed with a computer connected via ethernet, since testing over WiFi is inaccurate. 

If you want assistance in addressing your issues, there are several of us here that between us, we have DECADES of experience, and we will be glad to help, unless you are here to slander, cast aspersions, and kvetch.

I have the preferred internet which has been upgraded to 500 down/50 up. With the right equipment and settings - 

https://www.speedtest.net/result/14968027172

Over WiFi. It can be donw, but I installed some fairly expensive equipment, a CM2000 Modem, and since the router I bought died, I went ahead and installed a RAXE300 Netgear. The test you see was done using WiFi 6.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III
        HOW can corporate greed even figure into this picture?

Salad bars

You don't have to be clumsily charged for something to understand value.  You may have chosen Golden Corral over all other restaurants because its free salad bar is included in the price of your meal.  This would be more for your dollar.  If Golden Corral removed its salad bar, this would be less for your dollar.

Although most email service is free, there is a cost (burden) to update your digital responsibilities and lifestyle.  Curtis may have specifically chosen Cox because free email was included in the cost for service and...at one time...Cox had a more reliable email service.

• This reinforces the theory that Cox wants to shut down the Webmail side of their internet services. It’s time to begin the long arduous task of migrating to another email platform. Since I’m fed up with crappy Cox internet speeds and poor customer service I’m looking into other ISPs anyway.

Louis9
        New Contributor

Very disappointed. Webmail is horrible.  After the $1000s of dollars over the past 20 years with cox they give us this trash 

m_gabriels
      New Contributor II

If you use MS Outlook all your email will pull right in, and you won't lose anything. It's very simple and doesn't take long at all. I set mine up in about 10 minutes. I never used COX Webmail.

Ladybird
        New Contributor II

Thats not true.  I also have MS OUTLOOK for email and I am not receiving several emails!

Getwhatyoupayfo
      New Contributor II

How can they just stop providing email without adjusting the bill for services no longer provided.    My email no longer exists....wth?  COX YOU CAN DO BETTER

Becky
        Hi Getwhatyoupayfor, if you had a Cox email account last year, and you have had consistent Cox Internet service since that time, Cox has not canceled or deleted your email account. We have updated the User Interface for Webmail. Learn more at www.cox.com/.../new-webmail-user-interface.html. Please email my team at Cox.Help@cox.com if you're experiencing an issue with your Cox email account. We'll help you figure it out! -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    m_gabriels
    New Contributor II

I use MS Outlook and not the COX Webmail. It works really well for me, and I have easier/better access to all my files. I set it as imap incoming/outgoing servers, SSL, TSL. Using Outlook may help with your frustrations, and you can personalize it the way you like it i.e. font size, color etc... Hope this helps..

CuriousJ
      Contributor

Me too but I use iOS on my Apple devices. Much better than the webmail site!

Campmaster
    New Contributor III

So a new wrinkle has appeared: I cannot view an email sent by the Elks.Org. This did not happen prior to the new format for Cox email. The email was modified by Cox screening it so that the following message appears:

External images in this email use an insecure connection. Those images were automatically adjusted to enforce a secure connection (https). Some images might not be shown.

Open original email in new browser tab.

Opening the new tab gives a blank image pretty much and is undecipherable. If anyone has Technical Help that can be understood and applied by a basic user so that they are able to view the original message it would be appreciated. 

And, by the way, the users PERCEPTION is THEIR reality, not "an opinion". 

Thank you! 

Darkatt
      Honored Contributor

If opening in a browser tab doesn't work, there's a problem with the original email. Opening in a browser tab means, opening the WEB SITE in a browser tab to open the email, it's not going through Cox Webmail for that, you are connected direct to the site, getting the email as they sent it. 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Cox is modifying the original email (adjusted, blocked) within the OP's profile on the server.  If the link doesn't release these modifications of the original email, there is something wrong with the email program.

Moreover, these discrepancies didn't occur "prior to the new format for Cox email."

Ladybird
    New Contributor II

I HATE the new COX email.  NO squares to check to erase multiple emails at one, instead you end up making the page grow larger.  Its very USER UNFRIENDLY!  

CuriousJ
      Contributor

If you click the Settings gear icon in the upper right next to your avatar/initials, scroll down to List Options, and Check Boxes. You can then check all your emails to delete and click the trash can. 

skoch85205
      New Contributor

I, too, just noticed this email format change.  It is AWFUL!!!  What happened to "if it ain't broke, don't fix it?"  How can we switch back???  If not, I may have to get another carrier after 20 years!!

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Can't switch back. Rather then switching ISP, why not switch to a non-ISP email provider? That way you don't lose your email if you ever move out of the Cox footprint. Gmail and Yahoo are two free options and Proton is available if your primacy concern is security.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

What tech help do you want? Not much anyone can do. The UI change is permanent as Cox has moved to a new platform. See here for the differences. If you don't like it, use a email client like Outlook or Thunderbird. Or better yet, switch to Gmail or Yahoo.

Campmaster
      New Contributor III

Tech help  - perhaps someone who knows how to solve the problem presented and could enlighten me, the lowly, nearly unconscious ungeeky one. Your response comes across consistently HIGH and MIGHTY (geeky). You do help - but do you have to cloak it as crumbs for the so undeserving foul smelling common Cox Customer. I think of "young Sheldon" and then I laugh. That's my perception, and SURPISE!! Perceptions are NEVER wrong. 

You know very well that most of us diehard Cox email addressees have been using that address for several decades, and it is extremely difficult to let 10,000 (or more in my case) email senders to that account let be known that the Cox Email ship has been abandoned. But you know that, don't you? And of course, your answer is so Technically correct after all, - It's just no real help. And there we are.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor
        Perceptions are NEVER wrong. 

Perceptions are opinions. Please keep yours to yourself. I was just trying to help and you try to insult me? Good luck.