Forum Discussion

Ryan_Kelly
New Contributor
5 years ago

Lifting Data Cap Covid-19

I'm curious if Cox will follow in the footsteps of AT&T and Comcast in removing the data cap limit during the outbreak. 

I work for Hartford Healthcare in CT, and more folks like myself are starting to work from home during the outbreak, and with my ability to remotely monitor our hospital's systems via VPN, I'll burn through my limit fairly quickly. 

Cox? This seems like an easy PR win.

27 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Jcain50, beginning March 16th, data overage charges incurred on or after March 16th will not be billed. This will be in effect through May 15th and is a part of our ongoing effort to keep our customers connected during the COVID-19 work and school closures.

In reference to the HTML injection, can you please elaborate on this issue for us? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Mike2
    New Contributor

This morning Cox increased my download bandwidth to 50 MBs. That's welcome but not terribly useful. My old speed was plenty fast for Netflix, et. al. Working from home  is a two way operation. The upload speed is nearly as important as download. And as others have pointed out the excess data limit charge needs to be removed. 

RhodyIslander
      New Contributor

I'm wondering if you have the same issue as me? By any chance are you currently on the 30mbs plan? I think that the upgrade is an excuse to get everyone off the 30mbs plan and phase it out. I can't find that pan listed on the site anymore. I don't want 50mb but i think im stuck with it and to boot my bill may go up.

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hi RhodyIslander, we took steps to immediately activate a speed increase to 50 Mbps for Essential customers, initially scheduled for later this year. This decision was made in response to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic and is a part of our ongoing effort to keep customers connected during the work and school closures. This upgrade does not increase the price of the service. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • +1 on this. Follow the industry and do something right for a change.