Forum Discussion

Mavric1881
New Contributor
9 months ago

Internet outages

For the past month to months, we have been experiencing outages every few days lasting for several hours apiece. Cox always sent a message that says outages have been noticed in your area and expected to be fixed sometime that day. Why have there been so many outages? It happens multiple times a week. Is Cox doing anything to fix it?

29 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

What state/area are you in so others can say if they are also effected? AZ by any chance?

HaloBonz
    New Contributor

I'm having the same issues day in and day out for over a month now. Constant service interruptions multiple times a day and yet still paying Top Tier Money for their Top Tier Internet that is nothing but unreliable anymore. Is cox going to do anything for their customers??

LisaH
      Hi HaloBonz. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

I sent an email to cox.help@cox.com this afternoon to report a Cox main line that had been low hanging since the Father's Day storm.  The field tech finished raising the line within an hour and a half after I sent the email. 

bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

Phoenix, AZ here, 85042, connected to the Chandler Cable Plant.
    Yes, the Cox cable (Internet-TV-Phone) is going out almost every night, sometimes for just an hour, sometimes many hours. Two weeks ago the cable was out three times for 12 hours each. Two were from 10pm-10am, one was from 12 noon to midnight.

The Cox App usually has the outage already listed, but sometimes I have to call and report the issue, then the Cox App has the notification.

I know they are doing Upstream OFDM upgrades, but this is ridiculous.

I've been wondering if some of this is the Cox equipment being vandalized.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

I heard there was a big update yesterday in Phoenix. Did you get the upstream OFDMA channel yet? Hopefully between the upgrades and the heat these problems settle down soon.

bryaninphx
        Valued Contributor

I got one Upstream OFDM channel several days ago, I lost all the Upstream QAM channels, is that normal?

Everyone I know has 2 Upstream OFDM channels, and got an Upstream boost to 50Mbps.
        I'm still at 10Mbps Up.

aniraf
    New Contributor

I'm in Gilbert and I'm seeing very similar stuff. For about two weeks we've had extremely spotty internet whereas I tend to loose my solid connection 5-10 times a day. It is very noticeable as I work from home and it frequently interrupts calls. I see a ton of "US profile assignment change." in my modem. Sometimes up to two changes a minute. I escalated to Cox support but they were unable to help me. 

I should mention, I have the 1gig service tier. I've never seen 1gig, but I dream of hitting it with all of my expensive network hardware ready to go :).

bryaninphx
      Valued Contributor

I also have many "US profile assignment change." in my logs.

Torn
    New Contributor

I'm having issues too, suddenly since about a month ago I just randomly get rubberbanding in pc games and the only way to fix it is to run Cox Elite Gamer. That makes me super uncomfortable 

Nok
    New Contributor

I'm in Providence, RI and been having issues for 3 weeks now. I've made several calls, 4 separate live chats, and keep getting dismissed. I keep getting the notification that there is an outage, when I've reported this I keep getting told "hopefully it gets resolved soon" or "I'm not seeing an outage in your area" (of course you aren't, it restored while I was on hold. And you're not going to tell me you can't see there was an outage and expect me to believe this). Getting really close to dropping cox at this point.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

If it isn't a declared outage, why aren't they scheduling a technician? How typical of Tier 1. Can you tell us a little bit about your setup? Model modem? Signal levels? Anything critical in the logs?

LisaH
      Hi Nok. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator