Forum Discussion

Gigaslow
New Contributor
4 years ago

Internet Gigablast

So I am not alone who is getting slow speeds with Gigablast....  So i ask the moderators of this forum, when will we get the speeds of Gigablast?  I have been paying for over a year and last September 2020 when the schools started online, my speed has not reached a gig barely 700 mostly <500.  Do I need to make a complaint to the FCC because I'm paying a lot for my internet and with no resolve or compensation or credit.  I feel like I'm getting robbed here.  With the pandemic money does not come easy to make ends meet.  I am sure management knows about this issue and has done absolutely nothing to resolve this among the dozens of customers on this forum reporting the same issue as I.  The techs have no clue what's wrong.  They waste their time coming out.

3 Replies

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Gigaslow

Do you have any traceroutes, WinMTRs, or PingPlotter results to post for us? For billing & credit assistance please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Gigaslow
      New Contributor

I would like to emphasize that my equipment has NOT changed.  The Speedtest via Ookla is the same one used by COX.  The download speed Ookla displays caps at 500Mbps  This is the same app that is used when I was receiving ~700-900 Mbps back from June 2019 to September 2020.  From that point, my download speed has not been more than 500 Mbps.  My upload speed has stayed at around 35 Mbps. On 11/ 20, my download speed was at 95 Mbps and went up that day to 400Mbps. Speed check locations are mostly under Cox Server.   I can't seem to post or paste a capture.

CrystalS
        Former Moderator
        Hello,

This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Please not personally. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. This way you can get the personal support needed to investigate this concern.

Crystal S.
        Cox Support Forum Moderator