Forum Discussion

jaxxonortiz
New Contributor
20 days ago

Constant outages

I am truly sick and tired of this company, the amount of “outages” and “maintenance” they have for relatively average internet is absolutely ridiculous. For the amount they charge and the amount of “maintenance” they seem to be doing i should have the best internet experience. instead im constantly coming home unable to do anything in my house related to internet that i pay for. god forbid my bill be late though, you’ll just interrupt my service. absolutely absurd, i’ll be switching immediately. suggest you all do the same, stay away.

17 Replies

nicholasC
    New Contributor

Here in Arizona cox is becoming a failure in a long relationship being our internet provoder. It has been so unreliable and with kids home for summer I feel like a personal IT guy in my home. Constantly unplugging and resetting my panoramic wifi. At night I'll jump on some video games to be forced off by disconnect. I've got all the updated equipment and no resolution for my 500mb internet to be testing at 35mb. I about through the modem through my TV last night and me and my fiance are at the point of switching to T mobile or anything better then hearing another excuse or having to purchase another piece of equipment. The modem is less then 6 months old and was the newest on the market then. What a scam these days lying on those commercial. High speed must be in the eye of the beholder cause it seems lower then midgets socks. 

HeatherS

Hello there. For account-specific support, please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete address, and reference this post. We are always happy to help. Thank you. 

0waste0
    New Contributor

Another update: I just got a text saying my outage is resolved. But... you guessed it, still experiencing speeds way below what I pay for. They scheduled me a tech appointment, but between these consistent "service interruptions" and being pressured to upgrade my plan mid-outage, I think it's time to cut ties. 

I highly, highly suggest that anyone who experiences these issues complains to the FCC and find another ISP (if one is available. A common thread in these complaints seems to be a lack of alternatives, which is somewhat the case here as well). Cox is clearly committed to their shoddy and shady business practices. 

RaquelD

We certainly don't want you to feel this way. I apologize that you had this kind of experience. We're available to help. When you have a moment, can you please email cox.help@cox.com with name, address, and link to forum thread so we can assist? If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com

jaysoto03
    New Contributor

100% agree! Im in Virginia Beach Va and it seems to be a daily thing now, as much as we pay for them! I am starting to look at other options as well

0waste0
      New Contributor

I'm in Virginia as well, and have been experiencing the same thing.

One of the virtual techs even gave the game away earlier today by asking me if I wanted to upgrade my plan during a service interruption.

I'll be calling to talk to a supervisor or some kind of manager tomorrow, and likely dropping these guys as an isp. It's absolutely sickening how they choose to treat us in my area due to there being no Fiber option/only one competitor. Disgusting company.

0waste0
        New Contributor

Updating for other people who may stumble across this. A few websites i checked report no issues in my area, whereas I'm currently experiencing a service interruption with an estimated resolve time of 12:52 AM (its 10:20 pm atm). If that's true, then Cox is definitely doing something underhanded. 

Allan

Hello. I know how frustrating loss of service can be. I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of the issue to cox.help@cox.com 

jesjambag
    New Contributor

While they give lip service to caring about quality and customer satisfaction, it is obvious that in reality they don't care, even if their antics result in lost customers. In my area, they shut down tv and Internet for maintenance quit

frequently, and always on my night off. Yet nothing ever improves with this so called upgrade. Since they have a cable monopoly in my area, they just laugh it off. Some corrupt city council in the eighties gave them a deal which makes it virtually impossible for a competitor to move in. Some animals are more equal than others; they are called pigs,or the Democrat Cox family.

Allan

Hello. I recommend sending an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern to cox.help@cox.com 

jesjambag
        New Contributor

Pointless to complain in my area; Cox has exclusive rights to lay underground cable. I have complained about these bogus scheduled maintenance stunts for years, yet nothing changes.

• jaxxonortiz, I am sorry you've been dealing with outage. We'd definitely hate to lose you. Please send us an Email to Cox.Help@Cox.Com with your full name, address and link to this forum for assistance. 

agoncalves7
    New Contributor

Same here this is so frustrating. Has been going on for months. I previously had Spectrum and never had any issues. This is ridiculous. I only get internet for half the day then I should only pay half of my bill.

SharielH

agoncalves7, we'd like to help. Please send us an Email to Cox.Help@Cox.Com with your full name, address and link to this forum for assistance. 

ldehart04
    New Contributor

Same here…… I logged in to see if anyone else was having the same issues. (I figured I was not the only one!) I am literally astonished at the frequency of ‘outages in my area’ and maintenance that lasts over 12 hrs completely disabling the internet in my home. This is precisely the reason I can no longer work from home. So disappointing and so disappointing I have no other options for home internet service due to the lack of speed in my area. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before a competitor stops in and runs ‘true’ fiber in the middle of town. (It’s already nearby and I’m right in the middle of town so Cox may want to consider getting their act together. Especially since they do not have true fiber to people’s homes, at least not in my area. They sell it as fiber but it is actually a coax cable connection to the resident. My upload speeds are not even close to what is available on true fiber optic service……I digress. 

StephanieS

ldehart04  I'd like to look into this for you!  Please send me an email and include your full name and address along with a link to this Forum post.  You can send the email to: cox.help@cox.com, we're available to help 24/7.