Forum Discussion

knjones1086
New Contributor
2 years ago

Constant outages

Why am I experiencing at least one outage per day? I know it’s not on my end so I’m wondering what Cox is doing to try and fix this? I work from home and the outages everyday are effecting my work. I pay way too much money for Wi-Fi to just have use my phone as a hotspot for work. 

31 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    joceppi85
    New Contributor

I do not believe they are doing anything except rebooting our equipment each time we contact them.  I have been experiencing intermittent internet and cable tv outages for a month…. Very frustrating…. Reps are not helpful, Cox does not seem to care but no other service in my area so I am stuck… horrible service… 

dunnm
      New Contributor III

I experience the same thing.  Every morning at about 2:39 AM the modem will lose connection, go into a reboot cycle, continually for anywhere from an hour to 4 hours.  Support just suggests they send a tech which I may possibly have to pay a $75 fee if it is something on my end.  once recovered its good for the rest of the day,  I've disconnected from my internal network to no avail.  Their problem, from the street to the modem is all their equipment.

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

From the street, to the demarcation point on your home, normally an audit box on the side or back of the home, is Cox's responsibility. From that point to the modem is billable. 

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

Just a matter of note, if they can reboot the equipment, the equipment is online and operational, or they wouldn't be able to talk to the equipment and tell it to reboot. 

JDante23
    New Contributor

Same thing here. For the last month, every-flippin' day, the internet goes offline sometime between 2am and 3am.  It's offline from anywhere to an hour to 10 hours.  Today it was off from 2:12am to 1:05pm.  I know it drops off everyday, because I have a ring bridge that notifies me when it's offline and then back online.  What the ** is Cox doing??  Also, since I work from home, lost wages are also occurring.  Maybe I should deduct the cost of lost available hours from the bill.

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

Is your ring bridge wired, or wireless? What kind of modem are you using, so I can advise what to look at on the modem for information concerning it's connectivity?

JDante23
        New Contributor

The bridge is wired, and the modem is a Technicolor Panoramic Wifi Gateway, connected to fiber. 

Zerina
    New Contributor

I am getting this SAME THING. outage from 3am to whenever it tries to come up. This is absurd 

Zerina
    New Contributor

Still having daily outages here as well. 3 am to anywhere between 8 and 10 am. Have had TWO techs come out so far. All they do is say “it’s a known issue on cox’s end” and leave. 

????

IT HAS BEEN A MONTH. FIX IT 

VeMa
    New Contributor

Same here.

My COX Internet goes offline and there is a constant outage everyday for last 5 days.

I do not see any outage message from Cox. Is Someone from COX really taking any action?

DorisM
      Hi, VeMa. I am sorry to hear you are having connectivity issues. I work from home so I can certainly understand how important a stable connection is. We value you as a customer and would love to assist you. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com.

Doris
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
    AAstevens
    New Contributor III

only once a day, pishaww, count yourself lucky, I get at least 1 drop per hour.. 

picture the Monty python's Four Yorkshiremen skit for my reply. I'm trying to be cheerfully about my horrible service and lacking outsourced "tech" support

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

AAstevens, what kind of modem are you using and when you lose internet, what light/lights are active and what color are they?

AAstevens
        New Contributor III

older modem, Motorola  MB8600, switched to netgear cm1200, after tech visit the cm no longer connects at all, and i re-provisioned back to the still working Motorola after the tech said it was my {NEW} modem, and really no need to replace Motorola.
        lights: when operational, are normal, but the downstream is constantly blinking (its not locking all channels)

im still expecting that COX will charge me for the call because they decided to run a new feed from the box on the side of the house to the modem (which would mean they did internal work). my service still doesn't work right, and the drops happen at least once an hour, maybe 3 if im very lucky.

i just had another series of drops. so, after the tech visit, everything has been worse. i am 80% sure the issue is the feed to the pole which feeds my house(or realistically based on input from many in the neighborhood, a more widespread issue cox wont acknowledge), but getting in touch with cox is like trying to get in touch with google about any issue, they dont care, or at least prefer to present themselves like that. (proclaiming this "support forum" is user<>user only while providing more of an attempt to help on twitter).

heading to tomobile now to pick up their home internet box as a primary connection, and will drop the COX service to its lowest tier as "backup" if their service remains stable

yeah nah, im done

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Is it just wifi that is down or wired connections too? What model modem and router do you have?

Irock
    New Contributor

Hi I been having the same issue, this started back when they rewired all the apartments...  that was 2 years I think...  anyhow, I'm going to try and replace the splitter. For the reason why, I will explain what happened, maybe it happened to you as well. So  after they rewired the apartment they said I was all set ( the installers not cox) of course that wasn't the case, I still didn't have  internet service. The technician came from cox and said he must on there side. So I went back to the installers they said, we told them, they had to install a splitter, which the installers end up doing not the tech. This is been going for like 2 years i had it....Does anyone know what brand splitter Cox's uses?

DoberBrat
    New Contributor II

Having the same issue! What is the point of paying for internet when it is beyond unreliable? I'm about to the point of canceling and switching my internet service. These outages every other day is getting to be annoying and ridiculous! If they don't fix the problem soon, I doubt they will have many customers left.