- We upgraded to Gigablast plus fiber with speed listed as 1000/2000. We are actually get 93 on a good day and 11 or even 7 .. Was told its not the equipment, and not the install, but no solution. Anyone else have this issue? and do you have any tips as COX keeps running us in circles and everytime we ask for help the speed gets worse.
- My Cox fiber internet has been out now over 24 hours. My entire neighborhood went down after a thunderstorm yesterday. Would really like to know when this will get fixed in 34476. This should not take this long to fix if they have competent technicians.
- I just called for a service check on a new neighborhood and the date they gave was Feb 28 for the install. Is there a rough idea of a completion date for when they begin setting up infrastructure or is that date the completion date? I can DM to provide more info on the address if need be
- Will Cox ever be able to take full advantage of Docsis 3.1 in terms of Upload speed? Will we ever have symmetrical? I'm seriously considering basing my home purchase on the availability of fiber internet (which is also abysmal in the Phoenix, AZ area between both providers) because I have serious doubts Cox will ever deliver. My internet bill (gigablast and unlimited data) is my 2nd highest monthly expense and I just don't feel I get my money's worth.
- We're currently using a Cox-provided TechnicolorCGM4140COM. It performs well enough, but we'd like to have finer control over our network and I have a Netgear router that I canconfigure for the job. We've got a plain RJ45 link to the ONT, and near as I can tell the provided gateway isn't doing any special dance to connect, just DHCP. Is this as simple as removing the Panoramic from the equation andplugging in the Netgear?
Why does Cox San Diego use Fiber to the node and copper for to the premises (last mile connection is copper) vs Fiber To The Premises like other broadband providers?Why does Cox San Diego use Fiber to the node and copper for to the premises (last mile connection is copper) vs Fiber To The Premises like other broadband providers? AT&T just ran fiber up to us will Cox be doing the same? Optical cable has increased bandwidth, transmits higher speeds, and has less noise vs copper.
- I'm in South Scottsdale, AZ (around 86th St and McDonald) and would really like to sign up for their FTTH service.I'm curious if my area will get this service any time soon...or ever. I am not interested in their DOCSIS Gigablast service due to their atrocious upload speeds.