- Hello... I just swapped out my router USG-3 for a USG-PRO-4... Now - I keep getting an error when trying to watch channels on the Cox Contour APP: Please connect to your home WiFi network Due to licensing agreements, some content can only be viewed on your home WiFi I am on my home network... WIRED and/or WiFi... Same error... The only change was the router...
- Disconnect the VPN !!! While using Cox Contour TV from your laptop or desktop computer (maybe from your Smart TV too) The "Watch" button is faded, and does not function after you Left Click on it; the problem is the VPN! You must DISCONNECT the VPN. Below are examples of what you will see after after you click on the blue colored 'Why? below 1) Connect to in-home WiFi to watch.Why? 2) Due to licensing agreements, some content can only be viewed on your home WiFi. Please connect to your home WiFi network 3) Due to licensing agreements, some content can only be viewed on your home WiFi. Browse TV Go Channels VAPP-00101
Why does FOX BUSINESS (and sometimes FOX NEWS) not play audio and video on Contour only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday?Contour App to play tv on the computer will not play Fox Business on weekends, sometimes just the audio will not play for Fox Business channel and sometimes both the audio and video for Fox Business will not play... usually only Friday, Saturday and Sundays.... however CNN will play as will some Food channels at those times on Contour. That makes me think possibly someone who works at Cox Cable is turning off the Fox Business Channel Feed on Fridays Saturdays and Sundays. This has happened in various forms for the last month and I need to follow stock market news for work. It is highly annoying. A month ago both Fox News and Fox Business was not working on Contour on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but CNN was working on Contour. All of the TV Go channels should work on Contour on the weekends, not randomly losing audio or both audio and picture for some channels.
- App crashes constantly (multiple times during a single 1 hour long show). DVR looks up and/or becomes unresponsive a few times a month. Just swapped out the DVR today and lost all our recordings, hoping this would resolve the issue. Nope, 2 netflix failures right off the bat. Went to the netflix app on our TV, watched 3 episodes with zero issues. Seriously rethinking why I have this DVR and/or even use the apps. Would save a ton of money and hassles to just cancel the cable service. I can't be the only one.
- It looks like there is something going on with this. I recently updated the Contour app on my iPad and iPhone and now there are new line-items under Saved: Recordings and Scheduled— stuff on my DVR box. Also, the Recently Watched under Saved/For You is populated with DVR recordings. But none of these can be played on the app... yet. Hopefully, they finally flip the switch on these and make it available on the app! Anyone with any kind of information on this? Thanks!
- The last few days the contour app will not play channels 53,54,55,56 or 57. I'm in Fairfax County Va. I've tried on my laptop, tablet and brand new Android cell phone. I've even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I've rebooted the modem and router several times. I chatted with Cox and they said there was a problem with the app but didn't know when it would be fixed. Oh.... I've tried multiple other channels and they stream perfectly fine. Any idea as to when this will be fixed ? Thanks.
- When I start contour, and select “Live TV” / WJAR/NBC the audio starts for a second, then stops. The video works, but no audio. Audio on other channels seems to be working, though I haven’t checked them all.
- So tired of issues with Cox! Recently added an update to my iPad and now my contour app doesn’t want to work. I rebooted the tablet. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothings working! Extremely irritated is not a strong enough for what I am right now.Solved