- Several times an evening and random times I lose audio watching live tv, movies, or recorded shows. Picture is fine. Can restore audio by going backward & the playing live or recorded shows. Only happens on new Contour box, not two other mini boxes. Reset box repeatedly, problem recurred Cox techs swapped out box, same problem. Sound loss occurs on all 3 sound outputs from Contour box, so problem is in the Contour box. Second Cox tech changed out cable from pole to house, & house to Contour box. Same problems occurred. "Escalated" tech could not solve, said maybe software problem wContour box. "Tech stated possible firm ware issue but the engineers are still working on it " basically answer we have no clue so please pay your high cost for inadequate quality system.Problem is very irritating. Anyone else facing same issue?
- When paired with both my TV and stereo, the power all button doesn't do anything. When paired with TV only it DOES work. When paired with TV and stereo, TV power button only controls the stereo. Stereo is connected only to TV via the optical cable, not to the contour box. Tried multiple codes for TV and stereo. None work for power but do control sound level. Contour box does control channel change. TV is Sharp Aquos. Stereo is Panasonic DVD/Surround sound Stereo. Both are at least 15 years old.Solved
- Hello... I just swapped out my router USG-3 for a USG-PRO-4... Now - I keep getting an error when trying to watch channels on the Cox Contour APP: Please connect to your home WiFi network Due to licensing agreements, some content can only be viewed on your home WiFi I am on my home network... WIRED and/or WiFi... Same error... The only change was the router...
is it normal for cox customer support to ask for your ID and password? contour tv error tvapp-00281 is why i contact cscurrently my contour tv internet doesnt work. using watchtv.cox.com i get currently resuming and then error code tvapp-00281. im using google chrome, but i tested it on firefox and on a different computer. same error. while contacting cox customer support this is what they asked: 10:55:32 AM [Ray N.] Ok. I am working on the ticket. For troubleshooting, the back-office video support team requests your Cox User ID and password. Are you willing to give that to us? at the end of the conversation they summited a ticket (my problem is still there). so two questions. anyone know why im getting this error and is it normal for cs to ask for your login and password. i refuse to give it to ray.
- Followed directions. Checked again. Reset many many times. Still getting reminders from YEARS ago. It's for Bally sports hockey and keeps interrupting viewing with reminders about games. I pay a lot for Cox services and expect this to be solved.
- We've had two perfectly good tvs fried within 2 months of each other. Our main living room tv was 10 years old. Thought it was just old. We would get a black screen when we turned it on. Rather than go out and buy a new tv immediately, we brought in another one from a different room in the house. Tried to turn it on this morning and got the same exact black screen. What could be happening here? I'm beginning to think it has something to do with our cox equipment and not the tvs. We have a Cox provided modem+router combo and a cox contour boxwith this tv. All the other tvs in our house are fine. My husband is an electrician and has tested the outlet our surge protector goes into and confirmed power is fine.
- I have tried everything to resolve this matter from getting a new box to unplugging everything and replug, and everything back in to make sure the connections were good and nothing takes away this code. Cox tells me that I need to have a technician come out which will cost me $75 which I refuse to pay, after reading this for him and seeing I'm not the only person that is getting this error message. I know that this cannot be something to do with my equipment or the way that it is installed so I'm really not too sure what having a technician coming to my home to try to fix it will accomplish the error code clearly clearly states that this is a problem on our end yet when I called to talk to technical support they act as if they have no idea what that code means after 10 different resets. Still nothing is working I tried to flip to different channels, and I continue to get this code on channels, such as the ID channel MTV all of the channels that I pay for in my package this is unacceptable customer support when you tell someone that they have to pay to fix their problem. Has anyone had any luck getting this resolved? I am at my wits end.
- My TV sound keeps cutting in and out on my contour, when I am changing channels, or just watching a channel. It’s starting to do this more frequently. I do have a sound bar hooked up to the TV but it does not do it when I am watching streaming channels on the Roku TV and only does it when I’m using contour cable