Forum Discussion

outage-PHX
New Contributor II
12 years ago
Solved

PHOENIX AREA DIGITAL PHONE OUTAGE?

Does anyone have any information on the phone outage in PHOENIX, ARIZONA?

We work from home and use it the land line for conference calls, etc. It's been almost an hour now and I cannot get through to ANY customer service or technical support chat sessions - they all say they are busy and the link is disabled. Nor can I get through by using my cell phone (which is thankfully with another carrier) on ANY customer service support number listed for the phoenix metro area, AZ. After racking up useless minutes on my cell phone sitting on hold for over 20 minutes with an "ESTIMATED WAIT TIME OF 8 MINUTES" per the message, I gave up.  

Am calling Cox Corporate PR department now.

• My understanding is the issue should be resolved now.  I apologize for any inconvenience.

• After contacting the PR department, someone there was able to get in touch via e-mail with the local Phoenix office. The PR person had the same problems trying to call them that I did and of course, the live chat was still disabled online, but email seemed to work. Within the hour, our phone service was restored. I'm listing this item as closed. Thank you.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisL
    Former Moderator

My understanding is the issue should be resolved now.  I apologize for any inconvenience.

• Cox e-mail is down, but I live in Phoenix and my phone is still working (I am a 'bundled' customer. You should have a VOIP modem somewhere in your house. It should be somewhere that it will be safe from being touched. Even if you have an Internet modem, this will be a second modem. It ia probably a Motorola device that says "Surfboard Digital Voice Modem." All lights should be green except three: Link, Telephone 2 and Battery. I believe that Cox retail outlets are open. I do not know what side of Phoenix you live in, but I know that there is one on the Northwest corner (strip mall) of Bell and 59th Ave. If it were me, I would check the lights on this modem and if there is a problem, take it to one of Cox's retail outlets. At least they can give you some information.

outage-PHX
    New Contributor II

After contacting the PR department, someone there was able to get in touch via e-mail with the local Phoenix office. The PR person had the same problems trying to call them that I did and of course, the live chat was still disabled online, but email seemed to work. Within the hour, our phone service was restored. I'm listing this item as closed. Thank you.

outage-PHX
    New Contributor II

Thank you for the detailed technical information and possible troubleshooting steps to follow.  However it was a problem at Cox. Within minutes of notifying them, they resolved the problem from their end with no intervention from me. 

joebphx
    New Contributor

also a major problem in phx with e mail. have not been able to use it since late friday the 14 Dec. its now Dec 18.