Forum Discussion

Brain01
Contributor
10 months ago
Solved

METV channel 93 in Phoenix

Yesterday (July 6) evening this channel generated a “This channel is temporarily unavailable” XRE-03136 error.  The same thing is happening today.  Do you have an estimated time/date when the channel will return?  Is this issue related to the CNN, HLN, etc. channels also not being able to access?  

• FYI, it happens on both the contour box and the mini box.

• I think something is going on in Phoenix. Try emailing Cox at  cox.help@cox.com and see if they know what's going on. I wonder if it has anything to do with the high-split upgrades going on in the area.

Brain01
    10 months ago

Programming for this channel is not available at this time

We apologize for the inconvenience

The Cox logo is in the lower right of the screen.  

• Hi Brain01, I'm sorry that MeTV is currently unavailable! MeTV is very popular in my household, so I appreciate your post. Charge!, channel 109, is also impacted. We're working to get these channels restored as quickly as possible. There aren't any issues with CNN or HLN. What errors are you getting on those channels? I can help! -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • Thanks for helping Becky!  My CNN and HLN are fine, but I noticed that WiderMouthOpen started a thread about those two stations being affected just before I started this thread.  That link is provided below.  

• I called Cox tech support and all the guy did was remote reset/restart my mini box. Then the Cox guy says nothing he can do except schedule a Cox tech. The charge could be $75 if the tech decides that they want to charge for the service call. Then the Cox guy tried to sell me Cox insurance for $10 extra per month so I would be covered for any service calls. I can’t wait until Google comes to phoenix. I’m also looking at Wireless plans with Verizon and others. Glad to see other people are having problems with METV 93 and other channels. Coming here saved me $75. 
    this channel is still out as of Saturday 07/08/2023 at 9:30pm

• Still out on Sunday Morning 7/9/23. No answers from Cox as when it will be fixed?

ednichols
    10 months ago

As of Monday (07/10/2023) afternoon around 2pm-ish, the 93 and 109 are back on again. 

ednichols
    10 months ago

As of Monday (07/10/2023) afternoon around 2pm-ish, the 93 and 109 are back on again. 

27 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ednichols
    New Contributor II

I called Cox tech support and all the guy did was remote reset/restart my mini box. Then the Cox guy says nothing he can do except schedule a Cox tech. The charge could be $75 if the tech decides that they want to charge for the service call. Then the Cox guy tried to sell me Cox insurance for $10 extra per month so I would be covered for any service calls. I can’t wait until Google comes to phoenix. I’m also looking at Wireless plans with Verizon and others. Glad to see other people are having problems with METV 93 and other channels. Coming here saved me $75. 
    this channel is still out as of Saturday 07/08/2023 at 9:30pm

ednichols
      New Contributor II

Still out 93 and 109 Saturday 07/08/2023 at 10:45pm

K_and_D
        New Contributor

Still out on Sunday Morning 7/9/23. No answers from Cox as when it will be fixed?

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor
      I called Cox tech support and all the guy did was remote reset/restart my mini box.

That doesn't sound like a fun experience. I always recommend the email over calling up. The email goes to the moderators here, and while they still do basic tier 1 troubleshooting, they aren't forced to follow the script and have tools/training that the call representatives don't. If you can get her, I find Becky to be particularly effective. Don't forget to include a link to this post so they know it's not just you having the issue.

ednichols
        New Contributor II

• FYI, it happens on both the contour box and the mini box.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

I think something is going on in Phoenix. Try emailing Cox at  cox.help@cox.com and see if they know what's going on. I wonder if it has anything to do with the high-split upgrades going on in the area.

Brain01
        Contributor

Thanks.  The error screen has changed, so Cox is aware of the issue.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Just to rule out a channel change:

• Did the "NEWS FROM COX" section of your most recent billing statement include anything about channel changes?
    • Does your cable TV guide show current programming for the missing channel?
      Brain01
      Contributor

Thanks for joining the conversation!  In my case,

1. No, nothing related to a channel change is on my bill.
      2. The guide shows channel 93 as MeTV like normal.  It also identifies the show playing plus the next series of shows like normal.  I can go out two weeks to see the entire schedule, like normal.  In addition, when I go to channel 93 directly to watch, the screen shows what show is being played, also like normal.
        CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

Have you channel surfed to see if other channels are having the same issue as 93 MeTV - KAZT and 109 Charge! - KAZT?  What about 7 IND - KAZT?

Cox_dummy
    New Contributor

This issue has been going on in our house since Saturday.  I called Cox early Sunday morning and got the same reset boxes BS.   As of this morning it is still not working.  I thought sure it was the $$$ channel dispute between Cox & MeTV.  The tech said no.  The MeTV+ channel works.  Come on COX. Figure it out.  

ednichols
        New Contributor II