Forum Discussion

3 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

It takes 2 rings tor the Caller ID information to appear on the Caller ID of your telephone.  Apparently, only 1 ring for Caller ID on TV.

One ring is indicative of call-blocking software in your home; however, I'm sure you'd know if you had a call-blocker.  Mouth is correct about "phone trollers."  Companies can war-dial a block of numbers and whichever numbers connect (ring) would get added to a list.  This company could use the data or sell it to other companies.

• Me too. Midwest City, OK. I subscribe to NOMOROBO  and understand that 1 ring means that NOMOROBO intercepted the call. But I have a number of daily calls that appear on Caller ID, usually as just a town name, that ring multiple times. When answered there is nobody there. I would estimate that one in ten calls answered is actually someone calling. I do wonder how many people call and have their call intercepted?

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Your Cox Call History in your account...if it works...should list numbers to have called you but don't appear on your Caller ID.

The problem with Nomo is its subscribers have to first report a nuisance number before Nomo will add it to their blocking list.  Scammers and trollers evade this by using a spoofed number once, so it wouldn't matter if it gets reported to Nomo or not...the scammers and trollers won't be using it again.