Forum Discussion

stinkfoot63
Contributor II
6 years ago

Voice Tools repeatedly down

I try to log in to track phone activity and I keep getting a page urging me to sign up for the service.  What gives?

29 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      stinkfoot63
      Contributor II

This is happening through multiple paths... including after I log in and access my account then select related links like "call history" or "phone settings".  Frankly this response tells me that whatever is going on, Cox in its infinite wisdom has chosen not to inform its own employees- let alone give any sort of heads up to us customers whose job is to shut up and pay our ever increasing bills.

It's somewhat intermittent- though when I actually did get in to Voice Tools there was a technical issue which prevented me from viewing call history.

stinkfoot63
      Contributor II

I'm in Connecticut- if that's helpful or even relevant.

stinkfoot63
      Contributor II

Finally got in... unable to view or adjust settings as well as view phone history... "technical difficulties" as well.  A little heads-up from Cox would be nice- my sense is that either the system is down or there's upgrade work related to switching platforms.  

If Cox had the slightest regard for its paying customers I wouldn't be posting this- I'd have already been informed.

dward5665
        Contributor

I live in Arizona and it took 4 or 5 tries to finally get in.

mshap20368
    New Contributor

I continue to get the message; We are currently experiencing technical difficulties to process your call history request.  What about the other tools? Block Robocalls?, Anonymous Call Rejection?, etc. How do I find these in Voice Tools? 

LisaH
      Hi Mshap20368. Please email your complete address, name on the account and the error message you are getting to cox.help@cox.com and we will be glad to assist you. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • Whatever the issue was or is... it seems to have resolved- at least for now.  It would be nice if Cox could be more forthcoming with information about work being performed on their network but as a Cox customer I'm clearly entitled to nothing and my duty is to shut up and pay up.

To the moderators... thank you for your efforts.  Unfortunately your script furnished nothing of value when the issue produced no specific error message- like what you asked us to screen shot.  I think it's reasonable to assume that this has something to do with the change in phone service that's underway and is likely to happen again. 

The fact that Cox doesn't see fit to keep paying customers in the know amounts to a big middle finger- not only at the customers but also quite possibly at the people charged with rendering support to them.

• And it isn't working but now it's this message.  Shall I assume a problem has been identified and is being addressed or is this just a default designed to create the illusion that something is being done?

To our customers,

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties to to load your profile. We are aggressively working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Your ability to access the Internet and other parts of this site is not affected.

With highest regards,

Cox Communications

• It's back... instead of getting the Voice Tools page with call history, etc. I am sometimes getting the promotional page (with pictured girl on phone)... that instead of any error message.

Something is happening with Cox- whether a product of the protracted ongoing conversion, a maintenance issue, or otherwise, we're left to twist in the wind (as usual) and when we attempt to bring the issue to light we're dispatched on a series of pointless wild goose chase steps- likely because our Friend in the Digital Age® doesn't deem their own employees as deserving of any heads-up information than they do the paying customer.

stinkfoot63
      Contributor II

Aaaaand.. I have no voice tools at present.... but I do get that wonderful screen as opposed to an "error"

Wheeeeeeeee!

Stay on Top of Your Calls with Voice Tools

It's free with your Cox Digital Telephone service.

Cox Digital Telephone customers get free access to Voice Tools. It's a great way to make the most of all your calling features. Interact with your phone anywhere you want, via the web or with the new Cox Mobile Connect app. You can easily manage your call settings, listen to voice mail and view call logs — all your need is your computer or smartphone.

Voice Tools gives you quick and easy online access to:

• Listen to and manage voice mail messages.
      • Control feature settings like call waiting and call forwarding.
      • Set email notification for new voice mail messages.
      • View, print and save incoming and outgoing call history.

Once you use Voice Tools, you'll never look at your telephone the same way again. Order Cox Digital Telephone today to take advantage of everything Voice Tools has to offer!

dward5665
        Contributor

Well it just happened to me again, so I hit "My account{ and came to the page with 3 or 4 columns of options, hit Voice Tools, and it went back to the screen you just posted.  Took 3 tries to finally get in.

• Again...

Stay on Top of Your Calls with Voice Tools

Cox Digital Telephone customers get free access to Voice Tools. It's a great way to make the most of all your calling features. Interact with your phone anywhere you want, via the web or with the new Cox Mobile Connect app. You can easily manage your call settings, listen to voice mail and view call logs — all your need is your computer or smartphone.

Once you use Voice Tools, you'll never look at your telephone the same way again. Order Cox Digital Telephone today to take advantage of everything Voice Tools has to offer!

Learn More
    Order Now
      DavidA2
      Former Moderator
      Stinkfoot63, I have submit an escalation on your behalf regarding the phone tools issue. Once we receive more information, we will reach out to you.

David
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
        dward5665
        Contributor

Good luck with that, it is not a user specific problem.

• Stay on Top of Your Calls with Voice Tools

Learn More
    Order Now