Forum Discussion

Betty_heenan
New Contributor
11 months ago

GMAIL emails not being received to cox email

My son's emails from Gmail are all of sudden not arriving to my Cox email.  We checked the settings and nothing's changed, no forwarding or blocking issues.  I also had a couple people email me to test and their non gmail's arrived.  

9 Replies

• Hello Betty. I'm very sorry to hear that you aren't receiving your son's emails. If you are receiving emails from others but not from your son after already checking your webmail settings, then the issue is most likely on his end. Do you know if if he getting any errors when sending email to you? Our servers are designed to automatically deliver an email to the sender if their email doesn't make it to your inbox. It will give the reason for the error as well. if he's not getting an error from us then it's probably not even making it to our servers. Please let us know what you find.

Juan
    Cox Forum Moderator
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

How long has this been happening? Have you found any other Gmail email not get through other then your son's? Last, does your son get any kind of bounce back message when he sends to you?

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Go into Cox webmail, and change the spam blocker settings from auto delete, (this is default), to no spam blocking. This will deliver all mail to you inbox, and anything that Cox would delete, will include the word SPAM in the subject line. See if his email starts coming in. 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

I sent a test email from Gmail to Webmail earlier this evening that has not been received.  The email isn't in Webmail Spam or Trash.  GMail did not get a bounce back message.     

I sent another test email from Gmail to Webmail later this evening that was received.  My Spam setting was not changed from "No Spam filtering".

There may have been an earlier issue that has since been fixed for new email sent from Gmail.

Edit: The first email from Gmail was received later in the evening.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

So it sounds more like a delay then a block. Can you check the headers for the send time to see if the sending was delayed or receiving?

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

I didn't say anything about email being blocked.  I was responding to OP's post. 

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

Just a reminder...  IAW RFC Specifications for email, it must be received within 24 hrs of sending. As long as the email goes through within 24 hrs, it's considered within specs. 

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

The most annoying thing about this was Homer Cox reminding everyone again that email received within 24 hours is within specs.