Forum Discussion

WiderMouthOpen
Esteemed Contributor
4 months ago
Solved

Cox email moving to Yahoo.

I called it! I heard this rumor a couple months ago and the moderators denied it. Get ready!

https://www.cox.com/residential/support/coxnet-email-transitioning-to-yahoo.html

PS. Thanks for the heads up from this Reddit post.

17 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

My main question is will this be open to all Cox customers or just those grandfathered into Cox email?

• I understand your concern. Although we have not yet been apprised of all features and changes regarding the Yahoo transition, we have not been made aware of any plans for new address creation with the Cox.net domain. Here is more information from the URL: 

Add a new email account  -  As of August 15, 2019, we no longer offer the ability for new and existing Cox Internet customers to create new Cox Email accounts. While this is not needed to access your transitioned email, if you wish to create an entirely new standalone Yahoo account, not associated with your Cox information, you can do so at login.yahoo.com, by clicking Create an Account.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

So Cox is exiting as a email provider all together. Good to know. Thanks.

PS. When did you guys find out about this and why did you not let the forum know?

ChrisJ2

I apologize for any confusion. The information I provided was from the link you provided. 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

This was copied from the above website. 

"Note: If you are experincing issues with your email before the transition, contact Cox for support. After the transition, you should reach out to Yahoo directly."  

Cox web developers really should learn to use spellcheck.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Looks like it made it on to the news. 

https://www.azfamily.com/2023/12/29/cox-is-ending-webmail-service-shifting-remaining-coxnet-users-yahoo-mail/

No word yet on when it starts and which market it starts in.

ScoutII
    New Contributor

Will this new move just affect those using Cox Webmail or will it also affect those using Microsoft Outlook?

ScoutII
        New Contributor

Ok, thank you so much for the information.  If what I think will happen, I will need to accept the Yahoo.com terms and services and once that is completed my Microsoft Outlook will continue as it does today with no changes other than the POP/IMAP/SMTP new info.