Forum Discussion

Bill12323
New Contributor II
2 years ago

Getting no help from you cox.....

We pay $290 dollars for the most basic service you offer. Basic tv up to 100 MBPS internet and phone, I can't see how you justify these prices. We called to get some bill reduction and you said we could drop $50 dollars a month with a 2 year contract so i guess thats better then nothing. two weeks later we get a email saying your order was cancelled due to error on your part. so no 50 dollar reduction. this kind of ** is how you treat 40 plus years customers? $141 dollars a month for basic cable with no movie channels. I try to get help and you guys keep sending me to this person and that person, I talked to a rep last night for less than 30 seconds before she dropped the call saying she couldn't help. Do you want us to find a new provider? Because you sure don't care about our problems.Wifi speeds today are 0.63 mbps basical unusable. Well im sure me bitching like this is pointless so maybe i should start looking for a new provider after 40 plus years?

8 Replies

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

You have a couple of  options before you move somewhere else to get a different ISP.

• Call Cox Sales back and get the price reduction that failed before.
    • Go to Shwab's website and shop online for a better deal.

Cox Internet Service - Home Internet Plans & Pricing           <=== Internet, TV, and phone plans 

Cox Contour TV - View Plans & Prices. Order TV Service

Cox Voice Preferred Home Phone Service – Residential Landline Service

Pricing Rate Cards | Cox Communications

Where do you live?  You're paying $36 more for Basic TV than Cox's highest current price for "Basic Preferred" anywhere.  You can upgrade Cox services at a lower price than you pay now.

Your poor Wifi download speed is a different issue.  I could make some suggestions, but there are other contributors in this forum that can better deal with that.

I am not a Cox employee.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

Basic Preferred is $99 in Omaha.  That's the only Nebraska price listed.

• The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Tiffany R.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator