Forum Discussion

2 Replies

• Hello Mrleland,

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with your internet speeds and cable issues. I can imagine how frustrating this would be and how it would be hard to see the value in the service if it isn't working right. I want to help. I have included some troubleshooting steps below that will help with the internet speeds. These steps also check the connections which would also help with the cable trouble.

1. Check your connections: Please ensure that your connections are secured, your cables are undamaged and are in good health, and bypass any splitters by making a connection directly from the wall to the modem. This will help ensure that your modem is receiving the best signal from us. (For your cable concerns, please perform this same step from the cable box to the wall)

2. Restart your system: Please reboot the modem (and router) by unplugging the power to the modem (and router) for 30 seconds and then reconnect it. This will refresh the connection and can help resolve several errors and ensure your equipment are communicating with each other. (This can also be performed with the cable boxes. To reboot, just unplug the power for 30 seconds from either the back of the cable box or wall outlet)

3. Bypass Router: If you are using a stand-alone router, try bypassing it. You can connect via a wired connection directly to the modem. You may need to reboot the modem again to re-establish a handshake with the new device connected. Connect a computer or device directly to the modem using an ethernet cable. Make sure that WiFi is turned off on your device. This will help rule out any trouble with the wifi.

4. Perform a speed test: Run a speed test at www.cox.com/.../speedtest.html. Then check out this article on
    We value your loyalty and want to get this resolved.

Tiffany R.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

What kind of modem/router are you using. How did you test? With what kind of device did you test with? What internet are you signed up for?