Forum Discussion

Doyle_Wilson
New Contributor
4 years ago

Problem with 2.4 band getting "Access Point temporary full". Does Cox have limit on devices?

I keep getting error message on 2.4 band "Access Point temporary full"  So my Ring doorbell drops connection along with some of my other devices.  I have rebooted Cox gateway, which clears up problem.  But after day or two problems comes back.   Does Cox have a limit on number of devices allowed to connect to network?

7 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Yeah...you gotta love those error messages:  Access Point is Temporarily Full.  It only begs the question:  full of what?

I'd also assume assigned clients but it could be anything.  You'd have to dig into your logs to review assigned connections, errors, processing power (if possible), signal quality.

A moderator would need to expound on "Full."

StevenWP
    New Contributor

I begin getting the same message a couple of days ago. I only have a few devices running wirelessly. My TV's and computers are wired with CAT 6. Any solutions? I called Cox 3 times and the advice was to unplug the router....didn't work. I have the panoramic wifi with gigablast in Norman, OK. 

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @StevenWP

Make sure you had the SSID for the 2.4 and 5 GHz set the same and that the channels are set to automatic. Please check the link https://bit.ly/2WoP2bP.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
        StevenWP
        New Contributor

The doorbell and lights run on the 2.4 only. Will that make a difference since the 2.4 is the only one that says "temporarily full."

bearone2
    Contributor III

no but the speed connection you pay for advises "how many devices".