Forum Discussion

LizW
New Contributor
5 years ago

The cable is not buried 7 weeks after installation

My internet was installed in mid-September.  The technician had to run a new line from the connection near the street to my house.  I was promised that the cable will be buried within 2 weeks.  It didn't happen.  I called after two weeks, I was given a Oct 14 installation date.  Oct 14 came and went but nothing happened.  So I called again and was told late last week (10/25) or early this week (10/28), the contractor will bury the cable.  Today is Halloween, Oct 31, Thursday.  Still nothing has been done.  It is bad enough that you have lost control and tracking of your contractor who does the job, it is even worse that Cox employees have given me bad info repeatedly,  As a customer, I have the right to know which day or which week when the cable will be buried and that those dates your employees provide should not be empty promises.  I also want to make it clear that if anyone is injured because of the loose cable your technician left on the ground, the injured person and I will take you to the court.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi LizW, we value your feedback, and we apologize for the delay in burying the cable line. Typically, the technician will place a temporary cable line on the property until a new line can be buried. The property is then marked with spray paint at strategic points during a survey to plan the location of the drop burial. Based on the on-site assessment, some drop buries may require a permit. State and town permit codes vary and may cause a delay in the completion of the drop bury. On some occasions, this can take several weeks. Inclement weather such as rain can also cause a delay in completion. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      LizW
      New Contributor

All these reasons have been given to me by various Cox employees.  But that really couldn't explain why I had been given multiple dates, then there was just a no-show (this is the most frustrating part),   Utility flags by various companies have been in place since day 5.  What is also frustrating is that nobody from the 1-800 Cox Support line or my local Cox office can tell me anything either.  Are we just waiting for the contractor to get to me or is there something else?  Do you think you can find out what is really going on for the drop cable work order? I just need the straight honest truth.   I can give me more details offline if you need them.  I did have to sign in to my Cox account to create this Forum account.  Thanks for your reply.

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Lizw, I understand that being kept in the dark can lead to a frustrating experience, and we apologize for that. I have submitted an inquiry to our Field Escalation Team, requesting they provide additional information regarding the status of this bury drop. When we receive additional information, we will gladly follow up with you. Please feel free to reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com, Facebook, or Twitter, should you wish to discuss this matter on a private channel. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator