Forum Discussion

lreyes5
New Contributor II
3 years ago
Solved

Entire recording library got wiped from my Contour overnight - why?

Over 100 programs disappeared overnight.  Today, June 8, 2021, I was about to watch a saved show and saw ZERO items in my Saved view in Contour.  Checked another of my Contour devices and the app - g...
    lreyes5
    3 years ago

New problem detected.   After trying all of the recommended steps (reboot, system refresh, etc.) I tried starting over with recording a couple of shows.  Went to bed and next day found they didn't record.  Tried again, same issue.   Then it dawned on my what is happening.

Cox systems are clearing out all recordings the next day.   Recordings are only preserved on the day they were recorded.

To test this, I set up 9 different shows yesterday from 8 AM to 1 PM.  That evening, I found all 9 and was able to watch, stop, rewind, all the things I normally would do.  Woke up this morning and all 9 were removed.   Not deleted, because that would at least allow be to recover them.  Gone. As if, never recorded at all.  I just see a message that I have no recordings yet.  

Somebody somewhere in the massive Cox enterprise that I pay hundreds of dollars a year to is pushing buttons they aren't trained for.  And you need to find a solution soon or consider cutting big refund checks.