Forum Discussion

jgoodwin
New Contributor II
4 years ago

With lockdowns still in effect is data cap restrictions going to get extended?

With the lockdowns still in effect across the country will the data cap lift be extended farther out?

And if not how will I be charged if I'm over 1TB, my cycle ends on the 17th, and the data cap comes back in place on the 15th?

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @jgoodwin

The suspension of Data Usage Billing has been extended through June 30, 2020. Add-on plan customers will now receive a third add-on plan credit applied in mid-May.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      Evarux
      New Contributor

Hello jonathanj! Is there any official place where we can confirm this new info? I've been looking for a source after seeing this post but I can't seem to find one.

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        We Just receive the update today it should be posted on cox.com in a day or 2.

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator

ra_752938
    New Contributor

I have the same question.  There has not been any update on it and wondering if they will continue to not charge data overage charges. 

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator

The suspension of Data Usage Billing has been extended through June 30, 2020.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
        ra_752938
        New Contributor

Could you please provide the official announcement on this?  I have not seen one that directly addressed the data overage charges.