Forum Discussion

bgarvey1
New Contributor
3 months ago

Extended Outage

Our internet has been out for a week and a half, since Saturday February 10th. 
This is a real problem, since we work from home. 

Every night at 9:01pm we receive the same text message, reading "We're working overnight to restore your service", but no longer believe them. Spending half an hour using the Chat function yielded no information, other than that there is, indeed, an outage. Phone calls meet with a message that since there is an outage, the customer service people will be unable to help. But being patient seems to be doing no good at all. 

We have been fairly happy with Cox for over a decade, but this extended outage + lack of information is getting truly exasperating. Can you help?

Thank you,
B

2 Replies

• Hello, I am very sorry you have not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post at Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!

bgarvey1
      New Contributor

A few hours after posting this, our internet connection returned, and has been fine since. Your site still shows an outage in the area, but it is no longer affecting us. Not sure if posting the message had anything to do with it, but we're quite relieved - and much more productive.

We would like to request that our bill be reduced, since we had no internet service for 12 days. I assume we should contact the billing department?

Thank you.