Forum Discussion

YNL
New Contributor
2 years ago

Unacceptable low upload speed

I am using cloud services heavily. Within the last year, I see a constantly lowering upload speed. Why? How to fix it?

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    iBloodhunterTV
    New Contributor II

i have there highest plan and just the past day or so. my upload speed drops to .3 mbps on just about any speed test site i try.  same thing seems to happen every year.. 

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

Are you testing using ethernet or WiFi? What modem/router are you using? Are you really on the 2 Gbps  plan which is the highest plan?

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

Cox hasn't lowered the upload speeds to get you to pay more, that is inaccurate. 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Just because you think it's inaccurate...it doesn't mean it's inaccurate.

There are a lot more 5 Mbps uploads on their Plans page then there were in the past.

When I moved to Northern Virginia, I subscribed to 100/10.  Cox eventually eliminated this plan and upgraded me to their new 150/10 and then a few years ago...to avoid me from paying a lower price...Cox automatically bumped me up to 250/10 at "now extra cost to you!"  Meaning, I've always had a 10 Mbps upload.

Since then, Cox had restored their previous 100 and 150 plans albeit at a 5 Mbps upload.

I only need my original 100 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload is fine, but I can survive at 5 Mbps.

forums.cox.com/.../new-data-plans