Forum Discussion

jgives10
New Contributor
2 months ago
Solved

Raised prices in my area with no alert

Hello!

I am single man living in a 700 square foot 1 bedroom apartment and for some reason my internet bill is almost on par with most homes. I use only internet which was $49.99 a month for the past 2 years and I didn’t really think much of it. As of yesterday my bill now sits at $109.00 just for 4 of my devices to be connected. This is disgusting and greedy on cox part. People are already working their tails off to get by and to DOUBLE your price when nothing has changed for me other than more lag while I game, connection interruptions during meetings, the list could go on. Then on top of that you sent a text a day before my bill is due. No 2 weeks heads up, nothing in the mail, no emails.  Charging over $100 for wifi is absurd and doing that knowing people have to use WI-FI to do remote work or any other daily activities is wrong. I see everywhere across the country, people unhappy with Cox and its sad to see that the consumers needs comes last in the eyes of big business. To then offer me “ other options” ( all of which stayed in the hundreds of dollars) is basically a spit in my face and i dont mind telling you people where to shove those offers.  Just an overall greedy and price gouging company. I know its not the ground employees fault or anything like that. They’re not the problem.

Jarrett

• Hello jgives10, 

The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High-Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account-specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at Cox.Help@cox.com. Be sure to provide this post, your full name, and your complete address.

3 Replies

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Sounds to me as if you were on a 2 year campaign,. and when the special pricing rolled off after 2 years, you went to regular pricing. Call in, speak to someone in retention, and see what kind of dfeal they can give you now!

• Hello jgives10, 

The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High-Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account-specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at Cox.Help@cox.com. Be sure to provide this post, your full name, and your complete address.

• 700 sqft is huge! You live in the lap of luxury. Be thankful there's no pesky wife or kids to eat up your precious bandwidth. Cox service is a bargain and a half! Enjoy Call of Duty all night