Unable to sign in to email/webmail
I have an email account with Cox which I have not used in several years. I'd like to start using it again, but I can't seem to access my account.
I've tried the following:
- IMAP: All of the correct server addresses are autodetected by my mail client (Thunderbird) but my password is rejected.
- POP3: Same, server settings look correct but my password is rejected.
- Webmail (Classic): After sign in, I am directed to https://webmail.west.cox.net/denied/upsell and cannot view my email account.
- Webmail (Enhanced): I get directed to my Cox Account page as if I'd signed in to www.cox.com directly. If I click on either of the email links (i.e. 'Cox Email' at the top or 'View Cox Email' in the Internet section) it just reloads the page.
I see the webmail behavior with both Firefox and Chromium; I installed Chromium specifically to test this in another browser, so that I would not have any plugins or extensions that would interfere with page loading.
I'm switching between Classic/Enhanced by clearing cache/cookies and then visiting webmail.cox.net. The old (?) login form seems to let me switch between the two.
While working on this I have signed in and out of www.cox.com several times, so I don't think I'm locked out. I am not sure how I would be able to tell.
What's the best way to go about getting this fixed? I first noticed this a few weeks ago, so I would hope my account is not still in the middle of a migration or something like that.
- Hi Strongbad. I apologize that you are having issues logging into your cox email account. Try to use webmail.east.cox.net and see if that will allow you to sign in to get your email. Enhanced Webmail requires Flash Player and may not work but Classic should work. If you are having issues with Thunderbird accepting your password, the best option is to change it to a totally new password and then update Thunderbird with your new password. Please let us know if this doesn't work. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator