- I am locked out of several applications/pages that require email to log in because it takes anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour for an email to arrive, which is well past the time limit most apps/sites allow for secure login. Not to mention the number of valid emails that are sorting into the Junk folder, but obvious Spam comes straight to my inbox.
- I cannot send emails through the Outlook app on my Macbook and I can't send emails on my iPhone through the mail app while I am on the internet. I can send emails when my phone is using its 5G or when my computer is using my phone as a hotspot, but if I am connected to wifi I can't send anything. This is the message I would get when the emails wouldn't send. cxr-obgw-6002a.stratus.cloudmark.com cmsmtp 188.8.131.52 blocked. Refer to Error Codes section at www.cox.com/.../email-error-codes.html for more information. AUP#CXDNS Error Code: -17099 Then I was doing some digging and I was able to send a few test emails when I turned off my SSL connection on my computer but it stopped working after a while. And this is the message I would get. Connection to the server failed or was dropped. Error Code: -3253 I get all my emails sent to me but I cannot send them when connected to my wifi. I currently am not using Cox internet because I moved to an state that does not provide Cox as an option and my parents are my account holders, they made me an email account under theirs. I am currently using Xfinity internet but I cannot send emails on my phone on my work wifi either. Something is wrong with the SMTP and SSL connection and needs to be fixed on 3rd party email platforms because I am not logging into my webmail every time I need to send an email.
- Hi: I am running low on email space … I continue to reach the 90% limit. How can I determine which folders/messages in myemail.cox.net are using the most space ? How can I see the amount of space being used by each message/attachment ? How can I download messages/attachments to say a thumbdrive, so that I can then delete the messages from my Cox online account ? Can the storage-space allocated to my email account by Cox, be increased ? Thank you DaleBr
- Is this message legit? Note: Email expired📩 Cox Notification <***********@cox.net> Cox Email validation expired Your verification link has expired and we were not able to verify your email. Note: In 24 hours, all Inactive Microsoft accounts will be deactivated. avoid the loss of your webmail account *edited by moderator to remove email address.
On my iMac using safari what is the most direct way to view and edit, if necessary. my cox email accounts? Now I'm guessing and it always takes to long. Is there an address that will bring up that aspot, without intermedia steps or, at least fewer steThis field is required and quote blocks must match.
- This frustrating issue still hasn't been resolved with Cox in spite of a month of back and forth with Cox techs at all levels, including supposedly having "the Cox Engineers" check that nothing is wrong at their end that is blocking our ability to connect. We get the same error messages when trying to add cox account in Outlook 365 or on my Pixel 3 phone (Verizon) or even using Microsoft's email program that comes with Windows. It says "something went wrong...check your email account or password". We upgraded to Office 365 in early 2020 and all was fine until (long story) on 10/10/21 a Cox agent through Chat eliminated our email account and set up a new one after we asked if we could change our user name without losing our email. The email was lost! It took about a day or so, but Cox was able to delete tha2nd email account and restore our original one. The old email account began working in Webmail, but still cannot be accessed through any other email program. We assumed issue must be with Outlook (which is what we first tried). Geek Squad remoted in, couldn't fix, Microsoft tech support levels 1 & 2 tried, then we went to Cox support. Cox Complete Care Techs couldn't fix it or figure out why not workings, so on several occasions they upgraded the request to their 2nd level support (CAG). Finally CAG gave up trying too, told us there was definitely something blocking us from connecting and since the problem was the same not only with Outlook but also Microsofts other email program and the phone's program, it had to be on the Cox side. They twice ended up escating the ticket to the Cox engineering group to see what on the Cox side was wrong in our account. Both times (without telling anyone), "the Engineer"closed the ticket without solving the problem. Our email is visible and working in Webmail (only), which is really inadequate! We've been full service Cox customers for decades...really unhappy now. What's been tried: All cox.net settings for IMAP & POP confirmed and correct -- don't work Cox user name and password verified and working for account and for Webmail Other variations in settings and ports by Cox techs didn't help Office 365/Outlook uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook Profile changed - no difference Password changed - no difference Best Buy Geek Squad, Microsoft Tech Support and tech support agents at Cox have said issue must be on the Cox side somewhere. Needs advanced technical suppot...which we don't seem to getting. A customer service tech originally caused the problem (didn't seem to know that by changing the user name for the email account you are setting up a new email account and the old email won't be linked...it will be lost. It isn't right that Cox seems to be throwing up its hands and saying we don't know what is the problem with email not working now, but nothing more we can do. Help!
- I have Gigablast service and just downloaded and set up a VPN service. Everything works except sending email. I have a Cox email account and use Outlook. I can receive emails with no problem. And, I have a separate Gmail account that sends and receives with no issue. Are there any special settings I need to use to allow Cox email to go out?
- https://ibb.co/gFPnY57 The infestation that's getting through Cox mail servers has got so bad that it's outright inexcusable, and I dread every moment when it comes time to check my email. In many ways it seems like Cox is a magnet for attracting not just spam, but other exploits, such as spoofing, phishing and pharming. Stuff that cyber-criminals use to deliver malware, attract victims to malicious websites or to steal confidential and sensitive data. In all honestly, I get more garbage than legitimate messages that it's become a frustrating chore sifting through the mess it creates.Not to mention the hours I've wasted in the daunting task of creating over a hundred, non-effective, "filter rules" to weed out some of the reoccurring pests.In fact my Inbox looks no different then my Spam folder, each containing a mixture of both spam and legitimateemails (just as the image shows above). "Marking" an email as spam is a joke too, and you’re a fool in trying to utilize that option because it does absolutely nothing. Perhaps it’s because protective measures are not being implemented by the server. But even if they were, I shouldn’t be receiving the samegarbageevery single day. And just to prove I'm not exaggerating, here a "small list" of the garbage accumulated in a typical work week: SelectHomeWarranty, Gadget Junkies, Leaf Filter Discount, Sams Club reward, CVS Pharmacy Survey, AltaiBalance, Truth_Finder, Caringforaparent.com, VeteranInsuranceDiscounts, Support Center, Soft Erections, Home Solar Survey, PowerPro-PowerSaver, FreezAir Pro, UV PhoneSanitizer|SterilizerXf, Talcum-powder-lawsuit settlement.com, TalcumPowderLawsuit, Dream Home Ideas, Pest Control, Max-Performer, ProbioticEase|Special, Dear Beneficiary, eharmony Partner, Protect Your Home - ADT Premier Provider, awesomestuff2buy.com, Exclusive Tactical Flashlight, NationalConcealedAcademy, REPLY ME URGENTLY, Wheel of Fortune, FRONTLINE KN95 Facemask, Vivint.SmartHome, Gemini Trust, AAGMortgage, Premium Mattresses by Lull, BANK OF CHINA, SeniorsDiscountsClub Info, PowerPro-PowerSaver, Nutrisystem Discount, BestCarInsurance, Pure Radiance, TommyChong, BoyScoutsAbuseLawsuit.com, Anti-Virus Protection, EZBatteryReconditioning, seniorperks, Boundery eBulb, Nerve Renew Wes, RoundUp Lawsuit, Walk-in Safety Tub, GutterProtector.coPromo, SunPower Promo, Buy Mask Shield, Male Enhancement, InjurySurvey.com Info, Cannabis Gummies, DoGoodPoints, SNOWTeethWhitening, FreeFlashlight, Enlarged Prostate, PlatinumAutoWarranty, BathroomRenovationShop, USAMilitarySavings Info, RoofingSurvey, Oil Change Coupons, Diet Legends Keto Fuel, NationalConcealedAcademyTraining, Smart Living Tips, ZantacInjuryHelp.com, ShopThePersonalButcher Ad, Nutrition Tips, FundsForVictims, Crepe Erase. Not only is it enough to make your head spin, but it's an issue that's shared with thousands of other Cox customers who are equally just as frustrated. In fact this abuse has been going on way too long and it's about time that the company finally takes immediate action to combat these security issues - rather than continuing to ignore them over the years by neglecting the basic techniques for securing their systems - and thus leaving us vulnerable. Frankly, I strongly feel that we as consumers deservemore consideration than what we've been getting, as well as receiving the best protection against alloutside threats. After all, if Gmail can protect their users from spam and other exploits for free, then why can't Cox at least tryby doing the same?With that said, I'm convinced that Cox is technologically behind the eight-ball and is seriously in need of updating or adding more security layersto get back up to speed. Please weigh in if you agree. NOTE TO MODERATOR: Judging by the many posts on this particular subject during the past several years, this has been an ongoing issue that has yet to be resolved. Since this is forum open for discussion, it would be greatly appreciated that you allow more ample time for comments and/or suggestions to be heard before making the final decision of marking this thread as locked. Thank you.
- For over 2 months, I get safe email sent to my spam. Why? And what can I do to stop it? Below is a screen shot of the source. Ok, my curiosity has gotten the best of me! For the last couple or 3 months, all email from CD Notifications, except Messages, go in my Cox (internet provider) spam folder. When I was on CFF, there was a fellow who taught us to use "Message Source" or "View Source". This shows the code to get a notification/message from point A to point B. This is the last notification received in Cox spam. Notice in the last line is X-Spam-Optin:quarantine Return-Path: <email@example.com> Delivered-To: 3@5432210 Received: from imap-director-139.dovecot.iad.rs.oxcs.net ([10.12.5.139]) by imap-backend-179.dovecot.iad.rs.oxcs.net with LMTP id MMIfEeJ4al9rfQAAhaiikw (envelope-from <firstname.lastname@example.org>) for <3@5432210>; Tue, 22 Sep 2020 22:21:22 +0000 Received: from mx.cox.rs.oxcs.net ([10.12.2.5]) by imap-director-139.dovecot.iad.rs.oxcs.net with LMTP id CKH1EOJ4al/sPQAADbfQuw (envelope-from <email@example.com>) for <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Tue, 22 Sep 2020 22:21:22 +0000 Received: from cxr-ibgw-5006a.stratus.cloudmark.com (cox.imta.a.cloudfilter.net [184.108.40.206]) (using TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits)) (No client certificate requested) by mx.cox.rs.oxcs.net (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 4Bwwkp1sXTz1Ljsp for <email@example.com>; Tue, 22 Sep 2020 22:21:22 +0000 (UTC) Received: from mail-wm1-f49.google.com ([220.127.116.11]) by cmsmtp with ESMTP id Kqefkepf1IL43Kqf3kaJT0; Tue, 22 Sep 2020 22:21:22 +0000 X-Spam-Optin: quarantine I have gone into Cox email to Create Filter Rule. I wanted to Redirect to InBox, which says invalid. Any ideas on why CD notifications ONLY have the X-Spam command? Like I say, it's been at least 2 months.